Recording bass guitar

Andy Sneap said:
I have to say the sandberg bass I have is killer, sounds great DI'd ,compressed then into amp farm. I have a trick where my old friend C4 hits it before and after amp farm, but it's mainly down to the bass, player and new strings.

Cool! Thanks for the tip. I will be recording bass soon...

Frank'nfurter said:
BassDI1.jpg

Absinthe goes so well with recording :tickled:

Anyways, those of you who use a bass POD, is it worth the money?
I've been thinking about picking up one of those since i don't have any pedals at all for my bass, and my old trusty Peavey Minx 110 has been broken for about 4 years now (you can still use it tho :))

I definately wouldn't be using it for just metal, i like som funk sounds and so on as well.

I've heard that the SansAmp Bass Driver comes in a footswitch variety, I'd definately be grabbing that over the bass POD, Impy. By most accounts the SansAmp can give great tone no matter what you're doing.

Hmm maybe so, i'll have to try all of em out anyways to make up my own mind, just want some input on how good they actually are.
I played the original bass POD and i wasn't that impressed, but if the improvement from the POD 2.0 to the POD XT is any indication i guess the bass POD XT could really be quite good.
And it's cheaper than buying a Faffner head with a EBS cab also :)