Recording Diary

Volcane

Power Quest
Feb 16, 2003
www.progpoweruk.com
17 days to go until 'St Matthieu' is Recorded & Mixed ! I thought I'd give a little update each day on what is going on.

Thurs 15th April.
*Sonia records final main and Harmony vocals for 'The Messenger'.
*Dion recording rhythm guitars for 'Chimaera'.
*Andy finishes drums for 'Chimaera',
*Jon meets with choir & records more bass parts for 'St Matthieu'

Friday 16th April
*Sonia finalising lyrics for 'Eldritch Mirror' and 'Chimarea'
*Andy finishing drum tweaks on 'Sortileges'
*Dion rhythm guitars on 'Chimaera'
*Jon Bass/keys on 'St Matthieu' CD cover design update.

The weekend involved mainly arguing and stuff, but we did make significant progress on 'St Matthieu', 'Chimaera' and 'Sortileges'.

Final, confirmed track listing is:

1. Tales from Beyond
2. Sanctuary
3. The Messenger
4. Shadow's Scent
5. Chimaera
6. Sortileges
7. Eldritch Mirror
8. Heaven In Sunset
9. St Matthieu

On our 'recording progress spreadheet' (I know, very sad...) we are 74% complete.

Awesome !

Volcane said:
The weekend involved mainly arguing and stuff, but we did make significant progress on 'St Matthieu', 'Chimaera' and 'Sortileges'.

Final, confirmed track listing is:

1. Tales from Beyond
2. Sanctuary
3. The Messenger
4. Shadow's Scent
5. Chimaera
6. Sortileges
7. Eldritch Mirror
8. Heaven In Sunset
9. St Matthieu

On our 'recording progress spreadheet' (I know, very sad...) we are 74% complete.

Awesome !
Totally Awesome! :headbang:

I'm so looking forward to this, the track listing looks very promising. :)

It's sounding well worth it so far, and so it should be the amount of effort they're putting in. My diet's becoming considerably unhealthy tho, I might have to leave a note for Sonia, to get her to leave a note to tell me where everything is in the kitchen :erk:

Obsydian said:
It's sounding well worth it so far, and so it should be the amount of effort they're putting in. My diet's becoming considerably unhealthy tho, I might have to leave a note for Sonia, to get her to leave a note to tell me where everything is in the kitchen :erk:

It'll be worth it Jez - just as long as the four of us can all keep from either killing each other or having some sort of breakdown...

I haven't ventured out on a weekend for weeks , although I did go to Sainsbury's last Friday for a treat...

Mixing started yesterday.

We've on 'The Messenger' and we mixed 'Sortiléges' yesterday.

On the mastering front, we've got Mika Jussila over at Finnvox to do the mastering for us. If it's good enough for Nightwish... Woohoo !!

Jonno

Volcane said:
It'll be worth it Jez - just as long as the four of us can all keep from either killing each other or having some sort of breakdown...

I haven't ventured out on a weekend for weeks , although I did go to Sainsbury's last Friday for a treat...

and Sonia brings cookies and coke for the recording... I get a note telling me what's in the fridge :yell:

Obsydian said:
and Sonia brings cookies and coke for the recording... I get a note telling me what's in the fridge :yell:

Dude, what's it going to be like when we're on the 2 year tour !! You're either going to have to give up work and come with us, or get a housekeeper like Mrs Hall in 'All creaturea great and small' ...LOL

Actually saying that, you are (the) official MR tour crew, so I guess we need you in the Transit...

Volcane said:
Dude, what's it going to be like when we're on the 2 year tour !! You're either going to have to give up work and come with us, or get a housekeeper like Mrs Hall in 'All creaturea great and small' ...LOL

Actually saying that, you are (the) official MR tour crew, so I guess we need you in the Transit...

Well I suppose I could get a Swedish au pair... :D

The mixing of the album is going really well, and having this extra time has meant being able to fix a few things that we weren't happy with.

It really has been a marathon amount of work doing everything ourselves, but hopefully it will pay off.

Mastering is in July, release date August !

Volcane said:
The mixing of the album is going really well, and having this extra time has meant being able to fix a few things that we weren't happy with.

It really has been a marathon amount of work doing everything ourselves, but hopefully it will pay off.

Mastering is in July, release date August !
What day in August?, on my B-Day??? ;)

I actually have a whole mix of the album on CD now. It still needs some lead parts, and the choir is being recorded this week, but I'm very, very happy with it, and really looking forward to the final product...

Got some big adverts going in to UK metal magazines as well:

August 2004 - Back cover of 'Terrorizer'
Sept 2004 - Back cover of 'PowerPlay'

Plus maybe an ad in MetalHammer as well.

All ramping up to a very metal summer !

Volcane said:
I actually have a whole mix of the album on CD now. It still needs some lead parts, and the choir is being recorded this week, but I'm very, very happy with it, and really looking forward to the final product...

Got some big adverts going in to UK metal magazines as well:

August 2004 - Back cover of 'Terrorizer'
Sept 2004 - Back cover of 'PowerPlay'

Plus maybe an ad in MetalHammer as well.

All ramping up to a very metal summer !
AWESOME! :cool:

Recorded the Baritone choir parts for 'St Matthieu' and 'Sanctuary' last night. Quite nerve wracking actually, but it went without a hitch. Luckily the MD (Sonia) was on top form to keep the chaps in check and focussed.

We have six baritones, four basses and six tenors and we're working with the bass singers tonight. This is very exciting, and I can't believe how well it is coming out. How many other unsigned bands have thir own choir eh ??

We are nothing if not ambitious... LOL !!!

*chuffed*