Recording Guitar Tracks

hey
recording my guitar goes into a boss gt-6 pedal then into a little £50 mixer lent from my bass player..

this goes into the line-in port of my sound card..
i record my tracks down using Cool Edit Pro 2.1... this program far excells anything i have used before for sheer ease of use and great editing functions...

for drums i write my drum tabs in Guitar Pro 4 then export them to Midi..
i use that midi to trigger a high quality sound font patch through fruity loops..
then i sort everything out the drum side in there then export that to Wav..
import the wav to cool edit then record your guitar tracks.. the soundfonts can also have loads of strings, sythnts, choirs, bass's anything you want as long as you have good quality sounds...

well thats my way but there is 1 billion and 1 ways of doing this

same here, Im using Cool Edit Pro 2.0, its the best imo to record tracks, it has everyting, mixers, effects, way better noices reductions than other progs, for drums and rest of the stuff I use simple midi loops added to Cool Edit. The signal goes from my guitar, throug amp and straight into line in in my soundcard, as I dont have money to buy mixer :(

Many ppl use Cubase SX, but I havent been able to get one myself so I cant tell you much about that one.

I use a program called noteworthy to write everything in midi
then i go to Sonar, put some synths and drumsamples over what's needed, and then record stuff connected on a sound mixing table, and then connected to the computer.

(well, that last recording part i don't do, but i'd do if i were a guitarrist :p)