recording things..........

panbodom

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
hey, ive noticed alot of people on this board post things that they record and the quality sounds excellent and it has a drum machine and all other instruments, i was wondering what the process for this is, the only descent guitar recording type thing is line 6 pod and such, i was wondering how u put together your music like that, like wut kind of pedals or software u use, thanks

when i record other people's music and my own.. it's two very different processes.

Covers - Extrack drums/bass/keybaord from a midi convert each track to .wav, insert in cool edit then record in cubase/Cool Edit pro (depends what kind of mood i'm in) then line in with my V-amp2's custom powermetal patch and record.

My own - I create drum tracks in Leaf Drums using Drumkit from hell samples then record rhythm guitars and lead guitars. I rarely record with bass as i don't have one, can't be bothered keying in lines to midi, and hell, no-one has YET said to me "Hey! that recording doesn't have bass!"

hey, while we're on the subject of recording stuff...i have a problem.

i recently bought a studio condenser mic, and according to the manual and the guy down at my music dealer, it requires a phantom power source [?!?!?!] to operate. now, the guy at the store said that the recorder i have should be able to work with this mic. but when i got home and tried it out, the mic didn't go on at all.

now, there's no switch or anything on the mic itself, just a little green light that's supposed to turn on when it is plugged into a recorder that has a phantom power source available. if the recorder itself does not have a phantom source, then an external source can be used [according to the manual]. thing is, the guy at the store uses the same mic and the same recorder as i do, and apparently it all works fine and dandy for him...but not so for me! so if my recorder for some reason doesn't have this phantom source thingy then i may have to get an external source...BUT i don't even know WHERE i can get a phantom power source, or even what one looks like...?!

as you can see i am pretty gibbled up right now over this whole recorder/studio mic problem. so does anyone here have any ideas as to what the hell can be going on with this?