Best Recording School In US

I think recording school is probably beneficial as long as you do it knowing that, on it's own, it's not going to get you there. You gotta be prepared for the fact that when you graduate, no one will give a shit that you have the degree.

That being said, I know 2 young dudes who are going to Expressions, and I'm just thinking to myself, "damn, you two dudes could just spend that $76,000 on building a studio together, gaining real experience."

That is irrelevant man. You don't need to go to school to become successful at recording. You need to just record to become successful at recording. Once you learn how to do everything and get pretty decent at it, abundance of work willing, you just spend the rest of your time taking on projects and saving that cash to build your own. Working professionally...I've done that here for about 2 years after I started getting decent at this stuff. I started as an intern and after 2 months I was on the payroll and actually working on stuff. What it took to get me from intern to 2nd Engineer was them hearing my work. Not any degree. You will have to go through the same process with or without a degree.

~006

You will have to go through the same process with or without a degree.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. If you can handle that, then go for it.

Keep in mind, it's easy to say now. But after you've spent two years and $30k on school, it'll be a big slap in the face two years from now finding out that you could have had the same job now + 2 years of your life + $30k.

Edit: I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be ready for the slap in the face.

wow thanks guys. i looked around and there is a community college right in my area with a teacher who supposedly is pretty good but i also heard the studio isnt bad at all. all i have to do is get like 40 hours of community service per semester! hell yes! thanks guys so much for the advice. this summer i think im gonna try to get an internship at a studio nearby too maybe.