Recording in January?

And for the lazy...

Bloodbath-GrandMorb24BFA15-1024x1024.jpg

Recorded once again at Ghost Ward Studios and the City of Glass Studios in Stockholm, and mixed by David Castillo, ‘Grand Morbid Funeral’, Bloodbath’s fourth full-length studio release will be released on 17th November 2014 through Peaceville Records and is undoubtedly the band’s darkest and dirtiest opus yet; an organic collection of filth-ridden tracks straight from the grave, boldly eschewing the approach of somewhat over-produced modern death metal in favour of something altogether more rotten to the bone. With eerie doom-like melodies mixed with raw and savage riffing, and featuring a number of guest appearances including Chris Reifert and Eric Cutler from US gore-masters Autopsy, ‘Grand Morbid Funeral’ is a new high-point of brutality for Bloodbath. The first album since the departure of Opeth vocalist Mikael Åkerfeldt, this new Bloodbath album will feature an as yet unnamed new frontman. Metal Hammer magazine (UK) (http://metalhammer.teamrock.com) are set to reveal the replacement on 16th September.

Blakkheim (guitars): “We’re proud of all these different styled releases and we loved doing each and every one of them, but the objective was never to settle with a certain style, so our time has come to shift once more. It was already decided right after the last album that the next record would not become a “Fathomless part 2″, but in certain aspects it would actually to become its antithesis! So prepare yourselves for an ultimate blueprint of destructive, raw, heavy, organic and sludgy death metal! The time has come to stomp those HM-2 pedals once more and close the circle of the death metal archives with our Grand Morbid Funeral!”

Bloodbath is set to appear on a string of festivals throughout 2015, including Inferno festival (Norway), Neurotic Deathfest (The Netherlands) and Maryland Deathfest (USA) with more tba.

The time has come to stomp those HM-2 pedals once more and close the circle of the death metal archives with our Grand Morbid Funeral!

Not to be a partypooper, but is he saying this will be the last BB album? :err:

On one hand, everything seems to be indicating a return to an old school, HM-2 based sound. That's something I like a lot. But it also sounds like they'll be doing a more death/doom-based album. I'm not sure what I think about this - I've never been a huge Autopsy guy.

Knowing the guys in Bloodbath, though, if they do take that approach, I'll probably come out of it liking that style of death metal more than before afterwards.

I definitely like what they described. I love the darker doomy elements when Bloodbath uses them. Cry My Name is evil as fuck and happens to be one of my favourite BB songs.