Recording in Sony Vegas Pro 8 ?

Catalin

Oct 19, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hi, our question is very simple. It is possible the recording in Sony Vegas pro (8 or 9 or any other) at a professional level? If not, why do u think it s better to record in a program like Qbase or Pro Tools.
We re talking only abaut raw material here. Mixing and mastering will be done in a different studio.
Thank u in advance for your thoughts.

We are composing our songs in this program and it seems to work pretty well. We are thinking in buying a professional sound card and rest of gear and start doying our own raw material because we are sick of time limit and budget problems in studios. So, we don t need any mixing and mastering, just the simple recording and editing. So, do we have to start learing Qbase or we can continue with Vegas?:)

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/audioproduction here are some options of Vegas

We ask abaut Vegas because we are very used to it, and we are curious if vegas can provide all we need to record a raw material. If we have to start learning smth new think we gona start learning Qbase because it s very popular in Romania it seems and we can ask around us for assistence. But it looks fkn complicated with lot of things we don t need. Also the qbse/nuendo craks we found are not working, errors and crashes show.

I am diging now on Reaper, looking for good cracks :D Do u think this one is simple to use for some nweebs like us?
tx for feedback.

I used Vegas at one point with two Delta66's. It worked, but it doesn't have quite as many features as other stuff out there. It's not your best friend for recording bands. You are better off with Cubase LE.

Especially cuz Reaper is so cheap, AND he (the creator, one dude I might add) lets you use it without a license after 30 days (you just have to deal with a reminder on startup)

I've been using Vegas since it first came out back around 99. I'm on Vegas Pro 9 now. It's a very powerful video editor, which is what makes a lot of people forget, or not realize that it's also a very powerful audio program. For recording, editing, and mixing audio, It's every bit as capable as any of the other programs like Protools, Cubase, etc... Pretty much anything you can do with audio in those programs, you can do just as well with Vegas.

Tx for answer Matthias, that is what i needed to hear, also thank u for the Reaper ideia. Never heard of it. We are looking now at the free trial, it looks sexy, just trying to understand what can offer more than vegas when it comes to recording/editing. Also the license is not expensive if we decide using it:)
I am now just happy that Vegas, the program I am using since long on my crappy computer to compose songs, can be a professional audio tool.
Thank u again for feedback, was very helpfull.