Recording interface

Behindert

Mar 17, 2007
Örebro, Sweden
www.myspace.com
So I have to buy a new interface since I'm really tired of the shitty one I have now. (onboard Realtec AC97 :puke:) As it is now, I can't use direct monitoring when using Revalver mkII, or any plugin at all for that matter. The latency is horrid, I have to move all the Waves in place since they are all recorded a couple of seconds out of sync.

I have to record the guitar tracks clean and apply the plugin afterwards, which is getting very tiresome and uninspiring. Sure it's great practice to record everything clean, but it's boring. I've been doing that for a year and a half now.

So, what I want is a simple interface which I can plug my guitar directly in to. It has to be USB or PCI.. I really just need to be able to record guitar or bass without the latency.

Have any of you guys any suggestions on what would suit my needs?

Ah, so I can use other plugins with that one (for example Revalver)? They guy I spoke to at a music shop told me I could only use the Gearbox plugs that comes with the product, which seemed a bit idiotic to me. I had a feeling he didn't know what he was talking about...

Then 0404 USB maybe have better converters - top of the line AKM DAC and AKM ADC second to top rank (like on ESI Juli@).
But it does not have additional toneport goodies like gearbox (line6 soft). So you will have to use some modelling software.
As for hardware e-mu product seems better.