Recording Question

metalgtr84

Alabama Man
Jan 30, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Jag,
When listening to your albums the instruments all sound very tight and in sync; do you have a click track in your headphones when you record? What is the recording process like? Thanks!

metalgtr84 said:
Jag,
When listening to your albums the instruments all sound very tight and in sync; do you have a click track in your headphones when you record? What is the recording process like? Thanks!
Hey metalgtr84,
yes we even have Rikard play to a click track live.
Take care, Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Hey metalgtr84,
Take care, Chris.

Whoa, cool. My friend's band used to play with in-ear monitors that would play a counting female voice "One, Two, Three, Four, One Two, Three, Four." I don't think I could do that though, I already have enough voices in my head.

metalgtr84 said:
Whoa, cool. My friend's band used to play with in-ear monitors that would play a counting female voice "One, Two, Three, Four, One Two, Three, Four." I don't think I could that though, I already have enough voices in my head.
:lol: I need to DL some click tracks for practicing drums, when I'm jamming with my buds I sometimes speed up or slow down :erk:

Chris_Broderick said:

Guys, I cannot tell you how much a click track tightened my band live!
Honestly, we've still got much to do to improve our tightness, but comparing how we sounded earlier to now is like apples to oranges. Me and the other two guitar players have a decent timing, but our drummer is of the kind that has skips a beat here and there and sometimes flutters in timing (having never played with a metronome and he plays for over 10 years!), so until we gathered some money for Tama DrumWatch, I recorded the click for our songs from Cubase to a plain ole cassette. So he played with phones plugged into his cassette player and that helped us a whole lot! It's a good first aid, but with metronome we're able to fine tune the tempos for our songs, both for recording and live gigs.

Buy the metronome rather than a splash cymbal, a new stompbox or whatever, it's really essential!