Recording Question...

Oct 17, 2005
Kinnear, Wyoming
this one is for Guru.

i was checking out your tutorials and was still confused...

i want to record through my amp, through my POD XT Live and into my computer.

i have the MIDI In/Out cables....but were the hell do i connect it to my computer?

i have Soundblaster Audigy sound card...and i am using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro that i am borrowing from a friend.

just very confused in what i am suppose to do, i might have missed something in your tutorial guru, i will check agian.

but i dont know what im doing wrong. thank ya

It has nothing to do with MIDI. MIDI is actually just an instructional language for different pieces of musical equipment to 'communicate' with each other. It doesn't send audio information.

Line6 Page said:
USB - PODXT Live’s USB jack lets you connect to most computers and record directly to a wide variety of popular recording software packages. We’ve even included a USB cable for use with our GuitarPort® Windows® based software and PODXT Live Mac®/Windows® driver software. All this software - along with directions for using it - is free for you to download at www.line6.com.

That'd be the best way to go in because you're saving yourself from an excess digital to analogue to digital conversion.

Sorry it took so long to post ... working alot ... ughhh

Yea like moon said Midi is not for audio its for controling outboard gear and so that all outboard gear can work in unison .... anyway ...

You can do guitarport or the XT live ... run the line out from the XT live to the line in on your Audigy ( you will have to buy a 1/4" to 1/8" converter for your guitar cable) Then boom your in business.

For the XT its worth the $50 to buy the metal pack ... it makes a world of difference.

yeah i got the 1/8" converter, and i have yet to get the metal pack and i will get it soon. i have been meaning to get the metal pack since i got the POD XT Live almost a year ago, but i have it now

:D :D

I just realized I could make a drum track in guitarpro, export it to midi, import the midi to fruity loops (free demo on their site) select the right patch (I use a patch called hard drums, the one guru recommends in his recording-thread.) and just drag it to the track. Just export it to a wave file and your done!

Yeah, that Guitar Pro drum theft is what I do for all of the covers I do - works really well (Steve actually said something about the drum fills in the We Disintegrate cover I posted weeks back) and it's quick.

Jeff

i just relized that the full version of fruity loops was on the Guitar Tracks Pro CD...i need to get that back lol.

but i am very satisfied with the sound i am gettin with the metal pack too :D