recording

They sound about the same to me, perhaps slightly better.

It's just the fact that you have so many options to change the virtual amp, if you twiddle around with the buttons long enough you're bound to find an asskicking tone that doesn't sound virtual. Sure, the preset ones aren't all that but that's where a little effort comes in.

But anyways, it's just that guitarport is the best cheap solution to recording. Not all of us are millionaires who can afford the best equipment.

I've got the thing, remember? I know this. Please don't go condescending on me because my opinion differs. Essentially imo:

Marshall + good micing > anything Line6 can crap out

Look Line6 amps are truly horrific. For a start what kind of an amp company doesnt have thier own tone thats unique? Line6 pods i can probably forgive though, you can get some ok sounds on there( but i would only use that for heavy effects, not standard distortion or clean tone ). But seriously if you want your recordings to sound good dont use a line6 amp or guitar port. If you want to just put your ideas down so you can remember what you were thinking of at the time. Line6 is adequate enough to do that.

Opethian666 said:
Do you have any samples of stuff you recorded with your marshall?

As if that would prove anything. There are many reasons why anything recorded with anything could sound crap. It's just that somethings will NEVER sound good. The Line6 modelling stuff is only useful for a bit of quiet practice IMO.

</craponline6products>

Opethian666 said:
Do you have any samples of stuff you recorded with your marshall?
my album will be. considering i'm in another country right now, I can't exactly fly back just to record a clip to sate your curiosity. suffice to say the guys above me are right.

my album will be. considering i'm in another country right now, I can't exactly fly back just to record a clip to sate your curiosity. suffice to say the guys above me are right.

Cool. Be sure to post something when it's finished.