a question for guitarists

BLackwater86 said:
I am trying to find a good cheap recording program for my computer so that I can start recording some guitar samples or covering some songs just for the hell of it. Im not amazing on the guitar so I was gonna go for the cheaper Acid 3.0 as opposed to the $300 Acid pro. I've been trying to record some Opeth covers on the default windows sound recorder which has been one of the most annoying experiences of my life, so I was wondering if any current or former Acid users could tell me if the software is worth my money.

Get Cakewalks "Guitar Tracks Pro 2.0" My band uses it and If you knwo how to work it it sounds like a professional studio. Only 100$ or less at your local computer store. \m/

I've used Adobe Audition 1.5 to record a 73 minute album under the band name "Rainwound" (check it out here) and also a few songs under a black metal bandname, Satanic Dirge... as well as an Opeth cover that isn't online (In mytime of need)... and I think it is fantastic. I actually recommend it over something like Nuendo 3.. It is easy to use and such.

I also use a program called FL Studio 5 for my synths and drum programming. Both of these programs I did not get through piracy for free, and I did not find cracks easily on the internet. Wink. So yeah. This wasn't really a "plug" for my bands, as they are getting pretty good response already, but if you want to hear what the program is capable of, you could check out a few songs. I just learned to mix though and use dynamics processing, so I'd say the best song to listen to as far as mixing goes is Brainworkz ~ Satanic Dirge...

hey guys i just wanted to give a big thank you for helping me find out about Adobe Audition. I was able to obtain it and also the amplitube VST plug ins, and its just FANTASTIC. totally takes my recording to another level. Once again, thanks a lot guys. This will do me a lot of good.