Rectifier Recording Preamp Sample?

Hey Via-noctis - first of all let me just say thanks a million for going through the trouble of posting clips. I really appreciate it.

To be hoenst, I think the clip with the impulse sounds pretty decent. With some tone shaping I bet it could sound pretty sweet for a direct tone with no mics. The direct clip sounds EXACLTY like I remember it though - nasty. I can't believe how Mesa advertises this thing - but I guess there are some guys out there who can get their tone by using the built in cab emulation. But for the Metulz, I think it just can't cut it.

I'll let you know what I decide to do. I may wind up picking one up from a place that has a good retun policy, and putting it through it's paces. Something tells me it might pair up pretty well in a mix with my Engl 530.

Bobby

See, those clips are decent, I guess, but a) sound nothing like a Rectifier and b) honestly don't sound any better than stuff I've heard with SoloC/7170/8505 through an impulse! I really wish Krank would make a rack preamp, but for the moment I guess I have to side with the e530 as well! (or just buy a used 5150 to use with impulses, despite the fact that you just sold your 6505!)

@rlcramer. Hear you. Using it with the recto power amp is brutal as hell. Still doesn't sound exactly like a Dual tho. But I am actually messing with it now. A rack eq unit placed between the preamp and interface helps wonders, but still isn't as kick ass as my Jmp-1. That I spent 1/3 the price for.