Rectifier tone test

Do you prefer org or red?

• org

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • red

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Well one issue is that the guitars are definitely louder in the orange clip compared to the red ;) Sounds good dude, aggressive, though a little kinda dirty, and those T75's have a weird hollow quality to 'em I'm really not too crazy about (even the tone on "Dead Heart" to me has it, it's just...odd sounding, I dunno)

^^ I know what you mean, The T75's have huge amounts of peaks an notches that are insane, theres a peak in the upper mids that charts out to 0 db (absolutely no resistance for to that frequency) and another notch that completely slays the 700 area by at least -12 db, and even though you don't want a speaker to be linear, it needs to have a relative flat or even response, massive cuts and boosts are a very bad thing for the tone. This is in the Eminenece remake of the T75's, I graphed out a sweep wave with one of my speakers and accounting for mic and preamp coloration they are just terrible. Don't know how much better the real celestions are, but from all the Marshall 1960A clips, it can't be too much better, they sound phasy as fuck.

T75's have a weird hollow quality to 'em I'm really not too crazy about (even the tone on "Dead Heart" to me has it, it's just...odd sounding, I dunno)

what%20dhiadw.JPG

Epic_Facepalm_of_Epicness_by_Gendrome.jpg

:ill:

i find its actually less to do with the speakers with the 1960A with the anoying frequencies and more to do with the cab. My 1960A is loaded with V30s and i have some very annoying notchs i have to make to all my clips at around 3.8K and just a bit up from there at around 4K. Maybe its my mic positioning but i tend to have at least an inch away from the grille, similar to the sneap position, but its these harsh upper mids i can't seem to tame under the mic,

good clips though dude!

The T75s are definitely 'hollow' and 'grainy' sounding, but that's kinda part of that old thrash vibe. Pair a 1960A up with a Mark IV and you're in chugga-heaven.

Gotta chip in on the whole DHIADW thing and say the rhythm tone on that record never did it for me. It's like there was a mid boost to compensate for the 75s' hollowness down in the low mids and it just makes the entire mix sound muddy as a result, whilst the guitars still sound grainy.

If we're talking godly T75 tones, we can't go past Chaosphere. Those rhythms embrace their hollow nature and let the bass grit fill in the mids. It's all quite divine. I still jerk to this record regularly.

Wow Greg, I didn't realize me not liking that tone would elicit such a dickhead response - and continuing the topic, I feel Opeth's "Deliverance" is an even more unpleasant example of the hollowness, partially because of the tone itself but also because of how little it fits the album IMO...

Wow Greg, I didn't realize me not liking that tone would elicit such a dickhead response - and continuing the topic, I feel Opeth's "Deliverance" is an even more unpleasant example of the hollowness, partially because of the tone itself but also because of how little it fits the album IMO...

Wow, Marcus, can't you take a joke? :lol: I simply stated in an earlier thread that if I had to pick one tone that almost ANYONE would consider awesome, it was DHIADW (I also think 9/10 people will agree with me on that one). Ironically, you disagree. I just felt the need to post an epic facepalm picture (and thar she blows^). :loco:

Of course I can take a joke, but "if you don't like it you're fucking deaf like that doucebag [sic] etc." is a little beyond what I'd consider humorous joshing, and certainly more than just "simply stating" that it's awesome (and the "9/10 people agree" tacked on there was a nice touch, because the bandwagon argument is certainly the most logically sound way to prove your point). But you meant it as a joke, fine, whatever