Red Sparowes - Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Red Sun

spigot

Apr 9, 2004
I was kinda let down when I heard the it for the first time because of its length and lack of variety, but now a dozen listens in, and this is by far one of the most amazing things to come out this year. The songs are much more layered and this is in every way a worthy followup to At the Soundless Dawn.

seems like a pretty average run-of-the-mill post rock band to me if you want to give them that much credit. boring, monotonous and nothing really memorable afaih

that combined with the lame ass song titles, the band kinda pisses me off and makes me want to punch people in my viscinity

*sets himself up*: but what do I know? *awaits witty retort*

Arf, this band is amazing at my ears..."At the Soundless Dawn" was surely the 2005 album I've listened to the most and the newest one is one the same way for 2006...sounds a bit less easy to get into than before though...

House of Seance said:
seems like a pretty average run-of-the-mill post rock band to me if you want to give them that much credit. boring, monotonous and nothing really memorable afaih

that combined with the lame ass song titles, the band kinda pisses me off and makes me want to punch people in my viscinity

*sets himself up*: but what do I know? *awaits witty retort*

I guess it isn't something that has any hooks to grab you or overly technical playing etc, but the flow of the songs is far better and their style a lot more dense than that of most post rock bands. I really like only a couple other post rock bands(Mogwai, Magyar Posse) and a few songs by GYBE! etc. Also, Red Sparowes don't rely too much on the huge buildups of typical post rock bands.

But yeah... I agree that the song title lengths are lame.

I'm not big on the new one. Too many buildup moments with no payoff. Lot of aimless wandering around phrases that don't exist. I liked At The Soundless Dawn a lot more, but the production on this one is much better.

Excellent release, better than At the Soundless Dawn which already was excellent. They aren't just another post-rock band, much more exprimental, 'Neurot Recordings' , and also good.

This band feels like they have a better flow to me. Definitely one of my favorite instrumental bands along with Mono. Neither are too profound, they just create really wonderful landscapes with their music.