Redemption - a strange dicovery

Oct 7, 2002
Visit site
I don't really know where to begin; on one hand it feels like I've found some hidden treasure, on the other hand I feel like kicking myself for being so blind. What I'm talking about is this:

http://www.symphonyx.com/cd-redemption.htm

I was checking out the different sections of the SX site, trying to see if any of them had been updated in the last few months, when all of a sudden I saw this Redemption cd there. I'd never heard of the band, but the tracklist looked damn interesting, and to see that a SX guest appearance graced the album was reason enough for me to click on the link to the page. Great was my surprise (rather like humongous!) when I saw this was actually some monster-project between members of all kinds of different metal bands: there's Bernie Versailles, the lead guitarist of Agent Steel, Ray Alder, Rick Mythiasin (Steel Prophet-vox), our very own Jason Rullo and Michael Romeo, and so on. Now, people do tell me I have a comical tendency to bring up 'news' everyone (everyone but me) has known for ages, but this is ridiculous :eek: I really don't understand how such a huge project could have passed me by completely, especially considering I do actually visit the official sites of the bands whose members are participating. I would've thought something would be posted about it there at least. Well, surprise and shock aside, I downloaded the samples that are available there and am tremendously impressed, and have decided to make it my new goal in life to hunt down this disc. One question remains though; am I really the only one who didn't know of the existence of this project? :cry:

Nick gve me a promo copy of it and it kicks all kinds of ass. Jason is awesome as always, the guitar work from Nick and Bernie are really fantastic, its got some seriously heavy moments while retaining alot of progressive tendancies. Ray only sings leads on one song, but he as awlays kills!!!He does some back ups on a killer cover of The Police hit "Synchronicty II" And Rick M sings pretty damn great on the rest of the cd. I hope they get alot of support from the people that are into Sym X.

Look for the relase from Sensory records early 2003

Bear

Did you guy's know that Mike R and Mike P have been guests on the Thrashback (1998) album from Whiplash ?

They can be heard on the "Strike me blind" track. I thought I mention it :)