Reflections of the I or Imaginary Direction?

Imaginary Direction or Reflections of the I?

• The Imaginary Direction of Time

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Reflections of the I

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
*question of hers

Wowie, a Dutch person here! :wave:

It's a fairly apparent issue, Winds has just developed and made something a bit unlike Reflections... Things change, but opinions change as well. You may come to like it in the end, I definitely hope so!

Yeah, id have to say i like Reflections of the I more, only because i havent had the Privelage of listening to Imaginary Direction thoroughly, Although I will say one thing, I was looking for some metal on Amazon, and somehow I found you guys, I think this CD was recommended when i was looking at Blackwater Park by Opeth. I dont know though, I ended up buying BWP online at amazon later that night, but the next day i went to FYE to look for a cd for my friend and i saw Reflections of the I, I picked it up... looked at it.. and decided i would buy 2 cd's instead of one.... The best decision i have ever made music wise.

Anyways, my reason for liking Reflections so much, I really like them, because i could connect with the music, unlike Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, stuff like that... i really couldnt connect with. I listen to Reflections more then once a day, everyday, People get sick of me singing along with Lars, they say he does a much better job.. :cry: oh well... i agree with them. And for the instrumentals, Jan Axel von Blomberg is amazing, Carl rocks, to me Andy is one of the reasons i like it so much, its Piano, not Keyboards and Synth.... Anyways keep up the excellent work!

I can't find myself listening to one of them without hearing the other afterwards, so I don't have a favourite!

I love the production on Imaginary Direction of Time; I'd say it's near-perfect. Every instrument (including vocals) is clear and crisp without sounding over-produced and compressed.

Reflections of the I. I like them all, but the vocals on Imaginary... where mixed a bit too loud for my taste. It isnt like it ruins the record or anything. Seems to me as long as a guitar is playing in the higher frequencies it all levels out well... but when its just the vocals it feels a bit like its drillin into my skull. Reflections was one of the first very technical discs I heard that had a certain grace to it that most bands miss. And as far as Andy's comment about too many piano intros... keep them comming, to me they are one of the best things about Imaginary!

...Hi everybody I am new to Winds ....right now listening for the first time to "The Imaginary Direction of Time" thus far I appreciate the music and singing.. I like the alteration between classic and rock/metal.... and I 'd like to add something aswell.... the mood you are in changes on a daily basis... often without yourself beeing aware of it .. and so does simultaniously your need for a specific music style... to sooth your mind....
So naturally you feel about a CD one thing on this day and something different on a different day..... at least that is how it works for me..... Further I'd like to say... that I personally find it boring if very talented musicians wouldn't experiment with their style and try something new.. developement (key word), that makes it all interesting... just like living life, huh ;o)

My five cents on that...
Peace out Danny

I prefer "The imagnary direction of time". Songs like "Theory of relativity", The fireworks of genesis" and "Under the stars" are simply stellar. I also love "Reflections of the I", where I believe the best songs are "Remnants of beauty" and "Of divine nature".
The bass guitar has a higher presence on "Imaginary...." which works for me because I'm a bassist.