Reggae snare sound?

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
Lately I run on reggae more and more. But each time snare sound give me something to think about. Does somebody know good snare sample that could give closest to real deal?
Heard that mostly it is Ludwig Supraphonic snare, but seems hi pitched.
Maybe some one got some samples from it. Don't need super-multi-layers but several layers will do, while is possible simple rolls. I just want to try one metal/ dubstep idea.

I just recorded a reggae band three days ago. Used an old maple shallow camco snare. Tuned kinda high. Honestly it's all in how the drummer hits it. They should hit a rimshot kinda off center to produce that ringy reggae crack. I'll see if I can get a usable sample.

I just recorded a reggae band three days ago. Used an old maple shallow camco snare. Tuned kinda high. Honestly it's all in how the drummer hits it. They should hit a rimshot kinda off center to produce that ringy reggae crack. I'll see if I can get a usable sample.

Ohh man, that would be GRATE, if you could get as much as you can.
:worship:
I can't record real kit yet, but that advice I have saved in must-to-know storage.

Have you checked out slates reggae kit?
Hmm... slate have reggae kit? I would like better something that is collectible for free. Thats for plenty reasons.
Thanx, anyway! Will check that out.