ReinXeed to release new album A New World

Cronopio

Glorious Imperator
Oct 16, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cronopio.se
The ever prolific Tommy Johansson returns with album #6 in the ReinXeed discography. The new album A NEW WORLD will be released on September 5:th in Europe (through Liljegren Records/Doolitle Group) and in Japan on August 21:st (through King Records). Album cover and tracklist below.

2s7thdu.jpg

01. Distant Horizon
02. Into the Darkness
03. The Journey Home
04. The Star
05. Final Destination
06. Northern Allstars
07. Chalice of Time
08. Curse and Damnation
09. Guitar Hero
10. A New World
11. Haunted Mansion (bonus track for Japan)
12. Eternity (bonus track for Japan)

Some reviews:

http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalogues/entry/reviews/cd_3/r_2/reinxeed-a-new-world.htm
http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=14861
http://blackwindmetal.com/reinxeed-a-new-world/

Hmmm... I bet a band could move a good deal of product if they could only find a way to time the release of a new record with say... oh, I don't know, a festival performance?

I see what you're getting at here, but I don't think he'd cancel ProgPower unless he had a really good reason. I don't know about said reason, but I'd wager it's got something to do with burnout syndrome.

I see what you're getting at here, but I don't think he'd cancel ProgPower unless he had a really good reason. I don't know about said reason, but I'd wager it's got something to do with burnout syndrome.

Burnout Syndrome, give me a break. What a joke. Don't book a performance if your too tired to make good on your obligation to the organizer and fans that travel long distances and pay lots of money to come see you. I'm not saying this is what Tommy did as his explanation was very vague to say the least, I'm just commenting on your "wager"

Has he ever left Umeå though? Serious question - I could be totally wrong in that assumption.

Burnout Syndrome, give me a break. What a joke. Don't book a performance if your too tired to make good on your obligation to the organizer and fans that travel long distances and pay lots of money to come see you. I'm not saying this is what Tommy did as his explanation was very vague to say the least, I'm just commenting on your "wager"

You actually think he booked PP feeling unwell? Couldn't it, mayhaps, have been something that, say, popped up later? You know, in case it was a burnout thing, those things really don't show up on schedule.

Has he ever left Umeå though? Serious question - I could be totally wrong in that assumption.

As far as I know, he never lived in Umeå. Vindeln and Boden yes. Currently he's living in Örebro, where the record company is situated. The band has played in Stockholm on several occasions as well as other smaller festivals (mainly up north).

You actually think he booked PP feeling unwell? Couldn't it, mayhaps, have been something that, say, popped up later?
It could be anything. We don't know what it was, as he and the band have chosen not to share that information. Maybe there's something serious going on, maybe there's not. All that we can do is speculate. What we do know is, the band made a commitment to this festival they didn't honor. And to that end, coming to this forum and asking the festival goers to support the band's new record, a record that will be released during the festival, seems in poor taste.

It could be anything. We don't know what it was, as he and the band have chosen not to share that information. Maybe there's something serious going on, maybe there's not. All that we can do is speculate. What we do know is, the band made a commitment to this festival they didn't honor. And to that end, coming to this forum and asking the festival goers to support the band's new record, a record that will be released during the festival, seems in poor taste.

I actually didn't see it that way. I meant no offense whatsoever. Let it be known that I in no way am affiliated with the band or the record label. I'm simply a fan who spends way too much time searching for info online each time this band releases something new.

I actually didn't see it that way. I meant no offense whatsoever. Let it be known that I in no way am affiliated with the band or the record label. I'm simply a fan who spends way too much time searching for info online each time this band releases something new.
Completely understood. I can totally appreciate people who are passionate about the bands they love.

Heh I know ReinXeed is now a dirty word round here but personally I think Tommy is a genius for power metal these days. The new album is a sideways shift from Theater which to me was just a phenomenal release. The new album is a bit harder to get into. The choruses are not so immediately orgasmic like on the last CD. You will have to live with this one a little more but it's still very good and maybe a more mature follow up to Theater. Not sure mature is a word you can associate with power metal though and to be honest I don't want ReinXeed to sound to mature in any case lol! Here is one of my fave songs from the new CD, The Star, which is blessed with one of the more catchier choruses on the album.

Last edited by a moderator: