ReinXeed - Welcome to the Theater

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
Tommy "An album every year since 2008" Johansson will be releasing "Welcome to the Theater" with Swedish power metal band ReinXeed on May 23rd in Japan, May 30th worldwide.

Album Art

reinxeed-welcome-to-the-theater-20120418054242.jpg

Tracklist

1. Welcome (Intro)
2. Life Will Find a Way
3. Follow Me
4. Save Us
5. Stranger Tides
6. Somewhere in Time
7. Freedom
8. No Fate
9. Temple of the Crystal Skulls
10. Welcome to the Theater

Preview

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ I haven't even gotten around to hearing 1912 yet! This guy's a machine!

Apparently, "Sabaton wanted Tommy ReinXeed’s services as their new leadguitarist. Of course Tommy was flattered but he turned down the offer to focus on his own career with ReinXeed and as metal producer, producing 6 albums in 5 years".

I think it's okay. Not as good as 1912, which has grown on me a LOT, but solid. The lyrics are hilariously bad, though. Never thought I'd say this, because I'm a fan, and have ordered every album from Japan, save The Light, but I was disappointed in the fact they couldn't even hire a proofreader for the booklet. It's so riddled with spelling and grammatical errors it's not even funny. Maybe I should offer my services?

Musically and productionwise, it's cool. The songs have taken a little longer to gel, but that's to be expected. Best tracks so far are: "Welcome" (yes, the intro!), "Somewhere In Time", "Temple of the Crystal Skulls" (ReinXeed in a nutshell) and the title track.

I wish he'd go back and remix and remaster Higher and Majestic, which would elevate them from awesome to f*n awesome. Especially Higher would benefit so much from a proper production job.

I'm a proofreader by trade, I'll happily volunteer :p

But yeah I pretty much agree with you Cronopio. It's OK but compared to 1912 it's inferior. Still always seriously impressed by that guy's vocal range, the guitars are still shredtacular, and he's got great skill in composing the symphonic elements which make the album as dramatic as a film score...but there's definitely a lack of an epic feel about the album. Good fun , delivers as a tribute to cinema but not ReinXeed's best album.

I find that's the only real weak spot when it comes to ReinXeed: The lyrics have got progressively worse over the releases. The first albums had the standard fare fantasy/empowerment lyrics, but then they've become sillier (1912 being a notable exception). Tommy is a blessed singer/composer/instrumentalist, but it's like he's downprioritized the whole lyric thing.

I see it as this:
The Light: Fantasy lyrics with Christian influence
Higher: See above + a lot of flying
Majestic: Lyrics whose stories sound similar to Disney movies

Haven't really analyzed the latest 2 albums enough to summarize the lyrics.