RELEASE - Dandelium demo FINALLY DONE! Full vocals.

Hi guys!!

I don't have internet connection here in Szeged right now, so I'm posting from a free wireless lan in a Burger King :lol:

Thanks for all the comments!

I'm going to fix the sybilances and harshness on the vocals soon, as soon as I get some free time!

@anestic: my guitar settings are somewhere in this section, in my KSE test clip thread! Anyone, it's just Solo C clean channel (mids and treble maxed) into 8505 (all plain settings) into the Catharsis' s-preshigh impulse. Everything EQ'ed to take some mids out (honky!) and it's pretty much that.

Cheers!

Who cares about the accent? The music delivers. My favorite was Deceiving the Time.:D

Good job, dude! I agree with Marcus about the vocals, tho. They seem waaay on top of everything.

Fuck Yeah, this is the titz mang!!! vox are beautiful and great! don't quanitize them plz! rofl. then she'll just sound like all the other singers out there! mix is awsome, and the songs are very well composed!

i think vocals are similar to the band called unsun...sweet little girl on the vocals :)

mix is awesome, but i would turn synths down, guitars down, drums (not cymbals) up

Sounds absolutely massive, love it. I do miss the lost element though:D

How come you're leaving spain for a year?

hehe, thanks!

I´m starting my Medicine studies here, cuz in Spain it's really difficult to enter!

PS: Damn Hungarian keyboards...

800px-Hungarian_keyboard_layout.svg.png

Just damn hard to type fluently... :lol:

Cheers!
-Erik

I love it. Mix is great, music is like a combo of all the best parts of The Gathering and Epica.

Like the others, I think the vocals are just slightly on top of the music, and I think some of the keys are a hair too loud, like the spacey sounding runs during the verses of "Deceiving the Time".

The guitars are killing me, man. So great for the mix.

Sounding epic as usual Erik! Very Professional.

What are you using for soft synths? Especially those glissando type square leads?

Also how do you find separating orchestration from the rest of the mix with out wimping it out too much? The only way I can seem to get it to coexist with the guitars is if I do some serious carving/highpassing. Do you typically mix the orch within the final session as a 2mix or do you process each section individually?

Thanks in advance man!

Thank you guys!!

Synths were Vanguard, fucking great plugin! :D

The best way I've found to integrate the orchestra and the mix all together without frequency fights was to make the orchestra sound similar to the guitars, instead of making holes in frequencies. Jocke gave me that idea some time ago when he told me that the orchestra and the mix were two different worlds and that's why they didn't blend nicely.

Cheers!:headbang: