RELEASE - Dandelium demo FINALLY DONE! Full vocals.

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
Hai guise! How do release demo? ¯\(°_o)/¯

I recorded my own band's demo this weekend. New drums, new bass, new guitars and new orchestras for every song. And, of course, vocals!

We're making a new MySpace design (my singer is a professional photographer) and the artwork right now, coded by Pifos :p

And before you tell me "In soviet Russia, English learns you" :lol: I have to say I don't really care right now about her accent, and I care even less about my accent :lol:.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/Dandelium/01. Deceiving The Time.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/Dandelium/02. My Downfall.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/Dandelium/03. Stronger.mp3

I'd love some opinions about the mixes, but mainly the music, because this is what we're going to start sending to labels, radios, webzines, etc.

Thank you so much!!
-Erik

Awesome! The only gripe I have is that the vox need to be pumped up a bit to the front. They're getting lost in the guitars, at least on my headphones so take that with a grain of salt.

DUDE, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, WHERE THE HELL IS THE LOST ELEMENT

*storms away in a huff*

Actually, though, listening to Deceiving the Time, I kinda feel the opposite from Splat, the vox sorta seem to be sitting on top of everything else IMO (I think it's that excessive crispness I noticed in the solo vocal tracks you posted a few weeks ago :erk: ) I feel like I can hear the crispness really cutting through on the vox, yet they feel kinda lacking in the mids, so they're both on top of the guitars, and yet a bit buried (might be a master bus compression thing, as I hear something...strange going on that's also pronounced when the male vox come in - great growls btw!). Yeah, not sure about the vocal processing tbh dude, it's a bit strangely fatiguing to my ears while still feeling indistinct. Also, I feel the synths are too loud in the non-vocal parts, taking away from the intensity of the drums and guitars (drums esp. feel kinda buried, esp. the snare).

Everything else sounds good though! But seriously, I think TLE is stronger than all these songs (not to say they're bad, I just love TLE :headbang: ) Why'd you omit it?

I know, and I have many other songs that I consider superior, but these 3 were the only they had lyrics and decent vocal melodies, and since I'm leaving Spain for one year this friday, we wanted to have something recorded.

And I'm 100% with you about the vocals, they're just too harsh and flat sounding. I'll have to tweak it out :p

Cheers! :headbang:

Makes sense man, and don't misunderstand, I still really dig these songs! (but TLE...well, I think you get it :D) Also I'd recommend looking into the snare thing I mentioned in my edit too!

WHAT IS THIS???
MY DOWNFALL HAS A SUBDROP!!!!!

LETS GET HIM!!!

Simpsons_torch_mob_sm.jpg

:rofl:DDDD

i really like the songs :kickass:
im with marcus , the vocals seems to be "on top" of the song

The songs are great. You already proven your skills about composing. But I have to agree that sometimes the snare seems to be buried in the mix.

the songs sound nice, I'm digging the female vocals, she can really sing ;-)

On the first song I hear some strange noise with the screaming vocals, though it may be just my headphones.

Great demo

That's really good! Your singer has a beautiful voice. I'll comment on the accent even if you said not to :), I think it needs work but is much improved from the last time I heard her a while back (it was the song "stronger" I think).
Awesome synths.

I agree with Marcus about the vocal's processing.

I wish you good luck with your demo.

This is really good Erik!
The vocals on Stronger is much better on this version :) But yeah, there is something wrong with the "placement" of the vocals.. If I were you, I would experiment a little with the vocal reverb to make it fit the athmosphere of the orchestral part.. So yeah, I agree with the vocals beeing on top, but great work with the music as always!
Edit: (Used Stronger as reference for my comment)

I really like "Stronger", in fact, it's on my ipod right now :D
What's that synth sound in the first song?

My only other comment is that the female vocals sound a bit too crispy/edgy, kinda like a lot of sibilance but on every word.