Release date for the U.S.?

The only problem with nu-metal is the fact that it's more "poppy" and therefore more appealing to the general public(rather than hardcore metalheads).Becuase of its popularity alot of bands will try to succeed overnight which creats a huge stream of copycat artists which makes people who liked the original bands stop liking the whole genre because eventually with all the copying it all sounds exactly the same.
This problem isn't confined only to nu-metal.Copycatting is known in all Genres but this phenomenon is highly spread in Rap/Hip Hop,Dance music,Punk and Nu-metal.

Obvioulsy I agree with shadowNINE...If it's good and Original then It's good!

Jasonic said:
This might be the most ridiculous post I have ever seen here.
How can you possibly be a fan of a band like Katatonia (who draws from influences from far beyond just metal) and make such a statement.

Sounds more like an argument from a close minded Cannibal Corpse fan or something.

hell no, nothing of that, im sure of that....cannibal corpse?.....that hurt....haha no nothing of that

man, it was just a comment....hahaha now im a bastard, and i should die....i respect all the genres man really.....dont take it to the bone...psss, i just never made myself clear....everybody missunderstood my comment, but whatever.....i never said, that music was bad, hell no, but, oh ill save my words...

I just want to point out that "nu metal' is the most generic term for music I have ever heard. I am not quite sure how you can put Korn, Slipknot, and Linkin Park into the same category of music. It was a stupid term created by the labels and press to try and categorize a new kind of sound that had not really been done up to that point.

sean26 said:
I just want to point out that "nu metal' is the most generic term for music I have ever heard. I am not quite sure how you can put Korn, Slipknot, and Linkin Park into the same category of music. It was a stupid term created by the labels and press to try and categorize a new kind of sound that had not really been done up to that point.

It is quite generic...what categorizes them as nu-metal is the fact that they're metal but poppy otherwise they would be trOO!
aside from that there's not much in common.
When you categorize something as Metal you're also quite generic cause there's death and doom and melodic and progressive and operaic and other genres of metal and fusions of different genres so being generic is all you can be!

p.s
Korn's "Daddy"(not "Hey Daddy") still gives me the creeps