Release Part for The Great Escape - Dec 4, 2010

Hi there, this is my first post! Got to know Seventh Wonder at Sweden Rock 2009 when I just passed by this tent with their stage and was completely blown away. What a shame I did not know the Band before but there has been so few PR work, reviews etc. Nothing in our (sleepy) Metal-Magazines.
After ProgPower EU this will be no. 3 for us. We got everything ready to fly to Stockholm tomorrow (Friday), staying in the Scandic/Bromma. 1 day earlier gives us the buffer to still be in time if evertything gets delayed by the weather conditions. Here in the West of Germany we have down to -10°, quite rare, so good preparation for Stockholm ;-)
CU on the Party, it will be incredible, I am sure !

Welcome (to MErcy Falls) SeventhAvenger - We're leaving tonight from Venice. Stopping in Germany, hoping that this "strange" weather won't affect our voyage...SEE YOU THERE !!!!!!

After a long journey involving a layover in Keflavik, Iceland, I am in Uppsala with MartinW and shall embark on a MYSTIC ADVENTURE to the venue this Saturday. :) Yay! (I didn't think the weather was THAT ridiculously cold when I stepped out of Arlanda, but I had also been wearing an extremely heavy coat for something like eight hours at that point, so coldness was very much welcomed...)

The airport we're supposed to be flying from is closed atm. I am actually praying it opens before tomorrow or I am going to be destroyed.

That sucks, dude. I really hope you're able to make it - the weather in Europe seems to be really crazy atm. :( Safe travels, everyone!

I´m going to Sigtuna tomorrow after the party, anyone wants to share a cab if you live north of Stockholm?

anyone doing anything before the gig? we're currently sat on the computers in our hostel trying to find something to do all afternoon :rofl:

HELL YES FREE WI-FI. MORNINGTON HOTEL FTW

The gig itself was, well, amazing. Wiseman live absolutely smokes. Seeing Jenny Karevik perform live with the band was quite a treat. Also, Martin now owns a one-of-a-kind piece of Seventh Wonder history - a copy of the I Want Out lyrics sheet with some very creative corrections. :D

My only complaint had nothing to do with the band. Just... something really bad and icky started happening to me during their set that prevented me from enjoying it to its fullest. I really regret not doing anything about it now. I might PM one of the band members to see what they have to say, or what they can suggest... I'd post about it here (Andreas, your br00tal honesty is truly an inspiration) but I'm not too sure about it at the moment. :/ Maybe later.

^ Nice to hear that show was amazing, but I want more! :hotjump: Setlist, vids maybe..anyone?!

Too bad I didn have a chance to see Tommy and his sister in same stage.

And it seems i couldn't make it :( ...Damn! I was so sure, but you never know how things turn out. I'll be there next time..

Yeah, next time. I was quite upset too, but what can you do. Some work-occasions and my dad's 60th birthdayparty, there was two biggest reasons for me not to come.
Still, I'm sad not to see Johnnys last one, especially cause I'm sure he played like an animal! :kickass:

Not in order, but: they played Hide and Seek, Tears for a Father, Taint the Sky, Not an Angel, Long Way Home (with Jenny, which was AMAZING), Wiseman, Alley Cat, Unbreakable, Welcome to Mercy Falls, The Black Parade... and a fabulous cover of I Want Out, where everybody switched up instruments and winged it, with Johnny on vocals and Tommy on guitar. :D They also toasted Johnny with champagne on-stage. It was very, very cool.

I forgot my camera, but there were people all around me recording video, so some songs will probably end up on YouTube eventually. Also, it seems that the entire forum contingent wound up in the front row, staking out spots before anybody else even considered approaching the stage. It gave a nice little sense of community. :)

Back home safely in England now :)
Incredible night guys, well worth the painful journey. The band are such a great group of guys, all made us feel very welcome and was awesome meeting them all.

Oh i thought they would play more songs from the new album, but i'm sure it was great anyway. Hopefully we'll see the announcement of a new drummer soon so that there will be many more SW live shows to be enjoyed. Did they officially say good bye to Johnny in any way or was it rather a "normal" concert?

they did a massive goodbye thing at the end, champagne, a song cover dedicated to him by his favourite band and the members gave a few words about him etc

Thank You all for such a great time yesterday!
It was a good turnout and we had people from Sweden (duh), Norway, Italy, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, U.K and USA -and that is pretty awesome in my book.

It was a fun show (good sound but a bit dark on stage) and we had a great time.
This marks the end of Johnny's time in the band which is very sad but I do think he went out with a bang! :-D

Many thanks again from the band for unwavering support and love -Thank You All!!!

This was fun:

(a shame the part with Kyrt on drums, Tommy on guitar and Johnny on vocals wasn't included -but at the same tiem, maybe we in the band should consider ourselves lucky... :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell Yeah! This surely was a night to remember! Although the sound wasn't great in front of the stage, moving back from the PA solved the problem.:headbang:

Thanks to everybody I spoke with, and sorry for everybody I didn't speak with.:cry:

I will summarize the evening with one picure, I'm pretty sure it's an epic one. Standing next to Jenny with a beer and a signed copy (also by Jenny) of TGE in my hands! :kickass:

JennyPeter.png