Remastering

Razorhog

Aug 26, 2006
I'm listening to Orchid for the first time. It has some fantastic music but the production sucks. I know I know, that is blasphemy to some of you, but I think it would be awesome if some remastering was done...

I was thinking every album before BWP could use remastering, but especially Orchid and Morningrise

Or they could be like Porcupine Tree and remix/remaster ever album they made, then put out different editions in different countries, and different artwork on each edition, and essentially suck the wallets from their fans

I think the one thing that Orchid and Morningrise have going for them is that indiscernible 'magic' factor. Getting remixed by modern standards would more than likely kill that completely. Plus, we have no idea whether the masters from those sessions even still exist.

I think the one thing that Orchid and Morningrise have going for them is that indiscernible 'magic' factor. Getting remixed by modern standards would more than likely kill that completely. Plus, we have no idea whether the masters from those sessions even still exist.

yes, dan has the tendency to just "loose" things :p

thank god in this case, i prefer orchid's mixing over today's standards any day

IMO, i dunno if this is morningrise or orchid, but they should revive and remaster Eternal Soul Torture. I see even from its low quality and is sounds pretty spooky n it wuld be a huge hit if opeth did that.

indeed, to reiterate the point everyone else has said above, the production does suck.

at the same time, i wouldnt want it remastered because that sound is part of what makes it great now. it is in a way, unique.

IMO, i dunno if this is morningrise or orchid, but they should revive and remaster Eternal Soul Torture. I see even from its low quality and is sounds pretty spooky n it wuld be a huge hit if opeth did that.

I would be awesome if they re-record Eternal Soul Torture. Maybe one day they'll re-record Morningrise. Something like Dimmu Borgir has done for Stormblast. A re-record version with bonus stuff...demo, unreleased song, Live footage of the songs..etc.

Yea, the production for me really gives it a certain "atmosphere" that I really like. But I do think they need to re-record Eternal Soul Torture, it's a great song and it could be even better, re-recorded.