Rendering in Reaper

What are you listening to the rendered file on? In reaper or another program(like winamp or WMP or iTunes?)

What are you listening to the rendered file on? In reaper or another program(like winamp or WMP or iTunes?)

Itunes
and im still listening to it on my studio speakers
if i was listening to it on reaper then it would be the mix that would be shitty XD

but iv noticed this happening to me on cubase aswell :S

Possibly a dumb question, but worth asking anyway: does ITunes have any weird EQ or effects turned on? I used to listen to mixes in Windows Media until I noticed that there was shit-ton of weird compression going on that I couldn't find a way to disable.

Your best bet would be to open the mix back up in Reaper, since you know there's nothing going on behind-the-scenes.

Possibly a dumb question, but worth asking anyway: does ITunes have any weird EQ or effects turned on? I used to listen to mixes in Windows Media until I noticed that there was shit-ton of weird compression going on that I couldn't find a way to disable.

Your best bet would be to open the mix back up in Reaper, since you know there's nothing going on behind-the-scenes.

i checked the Itunes settings
its all off
but it still sounds fucking wierd
i think Itunes just sucks.
it somewhat alters the songs
cause when i listen to the URL link
it sounds fine :|
and
i tried a few things

does this sound better ?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2468228/SUCKER PUNCH2.mp3

please ignore that bad compressed guitar sound
its a minor setback on this mix.

thanks your comments guys
really appreciate it!

An easy way to test is to route all your current tracks to a new track, call that sub-master, then take all the stuff off of your master bus and put it on the sub-master track instead. Now, import the song you just exported to another new track, which should route to the master output by default, invert the polarity on that track, play everything back, and there should be no sound (meaning the issue is with itunes)

is your mix set to mono or stereo? just a dumb question...

I wish my mixes were more booby

is your mix set to mono or stereo? just a dumb question...
I wish my mixes were more booby

Hahahahaha
that was good
and its in stereo dude, cummon!
Left and Right

:lol::lol::lol:

14ltuvt.jpg

see?

An easy way to test is to route all your current tracks to a new track, call that sub-master, then take all the stuff off of your master bus and put it on the sub-master track instead. Now, import the song you just exported to another new track, which should route to the master output by default, invert the polarity on that track, play everything back, and there should be no sound (meaning the issue is with itunes)

that seems like a good idea!
i will try that
thanks!

but, how does the mix sound?
in your opinoin?

mixes need more boob now a days lol

Like I said just a stupid question...I've had the drop down box switch to mono seemingly for no reason.

In reaper when you hit render that big box pops up with all the settings. near the top right there's a drop down box that you can choose to render in mono or stereo