Strange RMS levels in Reaper

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Hello Reaper users, I prefer to ask here before the Reaper forum because here infos are more reliable generally speaking :lol:

I discovered something strange yesterday. Before I realised the fact, I started to use GClip on snare/toms, and I also updated from Reaper 3.00 to 3.06

So the strange fact is that : When I started in the mastering process of a mix to boost it with a simple limiter, I noticed I achieved a "+6dBRMS" when I got to the 0dBFS level. At that moment, the limiter was up to -6dB of max reduction, all strange.

Right now I'm listening to "Fire Forever" from Adagio (first mp3 in my whole list) and it peaks at +0.4dBfs and... +5.2 dBRMS. This is more or less what I remember would have been reaching -8dBRMS. I'm amazed, I can't see where is the problem, my mp3 is put on a new track in a new project, no FX involved neither on the track nor on the master... This is driving me nuts, am I tired and did I miss something ? :err:

+ : right now I'm listening to the recabinet demo from Goddamn Guitar, and it reaches +4dbRMS and peak at +0.3dBFS.