Replacement of Jens Ryland?

They have found one. It's mentioned in some other thread, about the departure of Jens. They haven't mentioned any names, but judging by what the Borkie guys have said, I don't think it's a famous guy.

I've always wondered if Vintersorg couldnt take that job, since he's an quite skilled guitarplayer.
Is he, just like many others unable to concentrate on singing and playing the guitar at the same time?!

I saw Vintersorg live, playing bass guitar and singing at the same time, and I don´t think he did a bad job, and I think that playing bass guitar and singing is more difficult than playing rhythm guitar and singing. But probably Mr. V. doesn´t want to do both because he´s afraid that, with one more job to do among all his other jobs, he could possibly explode.

personally i think playing bass and singing is easier than playing guitar and singing. usually bassists are playing a single note whilst a guitarists is playing two or three at a time.

the alumnus said:
personally i think playing bass and singing is easier than playing guitar and singing. usually bassists are playing a single note whilst a guitarists is playing two or three at a time.

Really? Most bass players I know of are pretty much following the guitar in terms of speed and number of notes. Also, depending on what I am playing of course, I find guitar easier to play while singing., because I find it easier to keep a steady beat with a plectrum than with finger technique. But, like Valgjerd Svarstad Haugland said; Smaken er som baken; den er rund.

Mighty LOL @ panzer0x :lol:

Quoting Valgerd is the best thing ever done on this message board. Did she really say that? I've heard "Smaken er som baken; den er delt" before though ;)