Replacing Gclip HELP

CalumJC

Aug 28, 2010
Blackpool, UK
Switched to a MAC. So i also switched to Logic. In doing so i lost the use of Gclip. i've been using TrackS clipper but it isnt graphical like Gclip. Anyone know the closest thing i can get in AU format?

ahh nice, thanks. I may give it a try. though i just cant get my head around why no one else has brought out a graphical clipper like Gclip. its so much more accurate and efficient to use.

I'm struggling to clip with the options inside of logic. I might just buy a VST AU wrapper as I can't warrant spending £140 on logic and just binning it off to go back to cubase. Going to google wrappers now, any recommendations from you guys?

Scratch that. Just read up on the wrapping side of things. I think I'm just going to have to get used to a non graphical clipper.

Does anyone know of a plugin that shows real time waveform in the same way gclip does?

+1 it's not as easy as gclip. You have to feed it a hot signal, no?

I'm not too sure, but I think it operates dually as a clipper first, then limiter. I think it'll clip the transients first, then (the updated version) will apply more gain reduction like a limiter. And it claims to do all this with no discernible artifacts or pumping.