Report from the Galaxy Show

TomT

New Metal Member
Apr 22, 2007
HOLY F%%K!!!!! :OMG:

This was my first time seeing them live and I was completely blown away. I had the same feeling the first time I saw Dream Theater live. Absolute perfection.

I'm not one to get set lists but it seemed to be the same as has been previously posted. I was extremely surprised at the number of young (12-16) fans there. They knew all the words and knew when to go off and when to just listen in awe. It makes an old Metalhead feel good to see that.

I'm sure more people will be along shortly to fill in the gaps. I just happen to live close to the Galaxy.

I must see them again tomorrow night!!! :headbang:

TomT
(the old guy)

haha I remember going to my first DT concert when I was 15 and talking to a bunch of a guys in their late 30's/early 40's about what Queensryche albums we liked the most. They said at the rate I was going, I'd be learning the secret handshake way sooner than I should be. I never figured out if they were talking about NAMBLA or being an accepted member of the metal community...

glad you enjoyed the show btw:D

Just finished meeting everyone except Jason after the show they are all extremely nice guys and the show tonight was incredible, you all nhave to catch them on this tour, phenominal! :headbang:

It was an aweome show! Their performance was comparable when I saw Dream Theater the other day! Pretty much the same setlist someone else posted. Russell's Grandma was in the crowd! It's gonna be great seeing them again at HOB sunset tomorrow

I was hoping for more lesser known songs, but they played the same stuff they usually do such as of sins, sea of lies, etc. At least they played the Odyssey.

The sound was a lot better than the last time I saw them during the Irvine Gigantour show. This time I heard most of the instruments more clearly. But Rullo's drums were way too loud and the mixer crew really need to EQ the low frequences of his guitar sound.

Also why does Romeo constantly mess around with his whammy? I think it takes away from the song too much.

Oh and why were people moshing during the intro of Inferno? I don't get it.

It was an aweome show! Their performance was comparable when I saw Dream Theater the other day! Pretty much the same setlist someone else posted. Russell's Grandma was in the crowd! It's gonna be great seeing them again at HOB sunset tomorrow

dude, i think i saw you there. Were you acting kinda calm in the view of Romeo?