Request for lyrics of WOODS OF YPRES

pelz

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2010
Sankt Augustin, Germany
Hi,

on http://www.woodsofypres.ca/v2/index2.html are the lyrics. But it is sad that they are laid down in flash.

Flash looks good for the site. But if you want to copy some text flash is bad. So I wanted to ask if one could get somewhere the lyrics to Green album and the other ones.

For my "not-english-ears" sometimes it is very heavy to catch all that words.

Mayba someone can help. :headbang:

Regards,

der pelz

I still haven't got the CD. Order is out.

If you want to tell me, that I listen to Woods illegally: On lastfm is the whole album and I ordered the album some time ago. ;)

So I do not have the lyrics.

hm... But I have to tell that I never thought of the lyrics being in the album because I ordered it. If I wouldn't have ordered it I would never ask such a question.

Although people with the album must think I am one of that internet sucker...

Forget my question. I wait for the album arrive at me.

i wanna see the monologue from dirty window (i will call it that regardless of name change :heh: ) in written form

I have trying to uncode it, ever since the album arrived in my hands

I will share what I have with you, but know, there is spelling errors, and a few lines that are just plan wrong, but its a work in process

dissconnect and dissaccotie yourself from everything, and everyone you know
just let go...go...
don't look back, and see where it takes you
after a year has past you might feel good enough come home
or...there is the exiciement you may leave and you stay
and never come home agian
either way, you will be glad you did it
having left and gone
and being able to decised for yourself, after you have done your time
they say that time heals all wounds, well this is a good way to spend that time
what better way to distracoed yourself from sadness and further
and compliment your presense where it threatens your own survival
putting you into a total mindfuck providing it lets to erease your memory
and deprogram yourself and rebuild yourself somewhere in the abyss
surrounding all control to firmlaitity, open the door to the unknown
firmairty the spours of incontrol
you know you have to go, your life depends on it
answer you the question, can you get here in 10 days? Yes, i can!

disconnect and disassociate yourself from everything, and everyone you know
just let go...go...
don't look back, and see where it takes you
after a year has past you might feel good enough come home
or...there is the excitement that you may leave and just stay
and never come home again
either way, you will be glad you did it
having left and gone
and being able to decide for yourself, after you have done your time
they say that time heals all wounds, well this is a good way to spend that time
what better way to distract yourself from sadness than further complicate your crisis to the point where it threatens your own survival
combining you with a total mindfuck about the fact it is allowing you to erase your memory
and deprogram yourself and rebuild somewhere in the abyss
surrendering all control and familiarity, boldly going into the unknown, committing the forced and involuntary deportation of your own home
you know you have to go, your life depends on it
answer your question, can you get here in 10 days? Yes, i can!

Fixed. The little bit in bold in the only part I am not sure on.

About this section... this is one of the first times that I have ever written something for WOODS, and chose to use it 'as is', exactly as I had first been written, raw, without edits or changes. However, that's exactly what I wanted to do with this part, to show a sample of the actual rational internal dialogue amidst the chaos from that time, suffering in a personal prison while having total external freedom. Whereas the rest of the lyrics in the album were written as 'reflections' on the past, written and edited as I usually do, this part was taken straight from deep in the moment, word for word from a notebook, when I was trying to find a way out, in words... The challenge for the recording of this part then became dividing that sample into four verses that would fit during the guitar break. We did multiple takes to get the timing right, but I imposed a rule on myself that I must recite the whole script in one take, instead of recording it in four smaller blocks. From there we chose what we thought was the best take of all four verses, having the best overall energy.

Thanks for your interest in this moment. Enjoy! DG - \w/

Disconnect and disassociate yourself from everything and everyone you know...
Just let go, Go. don’t look back …And see where it takes you.

After a year has passed, you might feel good enough to come home...
Or, there’s the excitement that you may leave and just stay and never come home again...
Either way, you’ll be glad you did it, having left and gone and being able to decide for yourself after you’ve done your time.

They say that time heals all wounds, well this is a good way to spend that time, What better way to distract yourself from sadness than to further complicate your crisis to the point where it threatens your own survival, combining it with a total mindfuck of other factors allowing you to erase your memory, deprogram yourself and rebuild, somewhere in the abyss...

Surrendering all control and familiarity, Boldly going into the unknown. Committing to this forced and yet voluntary deportation from your own home, You know you have to go. Your life depends on it.
Answering the question: Can you get here in 10 days? With, yes I can.
It’s time to cross the ocean!

And dive into exile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to phantomfreak for you input, and thanks David, for the backup, more so, for this very moving song, this as well as all other Woods songs, have made me stronger one way or another!

Finally it has arrived. I am a very proud and happy inhabitant of W4.

It just took one and a half month from Canada to Germany. That's what I call "globalisation".

woodsalbumandposter.jpg