Request For Vince - Stalls

ironeagle

Reaper Incarnate
Jun 13, 2003
lancaster
www.geocities.com
We Need A Alehorn Stand At Bloodstock, Maybe You Could Get Bloodstock Ale Horns Made Up? Now That Would Rock All Kinds Of Arse!

Also As Mentioned In The Past, A Stall Selling Plastic Broadswords And Chainmail And Such, Now That Would Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What use are alehorns without ale?

In all seriousness, what about a real ale stall/bar, on at least one of the days? Granted, it'll need a bit of preparation as you'll need to set up the casks a bit beforehand, but I'm sure I can't be the only person whose Bloodstock experience would be enhanced by the presence of some proper beer?

Ive said it before and ill say it again.. Ale would be very welcome at Bloodstock, it could only serve to make the weekend even better...

Excellent idea Catharsis, some real ale would be great. It would be nice to have something decent to drink. I cant stand recycled piss ( er sorry, lager)

Glad you guys agree, the only thing I can see preventing the serving of real ale, is not having anyone present at the assembly rooms to set up the casks in advance. Surely they must have someone on hand to look after the beers though? Any advice on looking after the beer can be obtained from the brewer or CAMRA with ease.

Think about it, a firkin (9 gallons) *should* get you 72 pints and shuld cost no more than £70 (average probably £45-50) depending on what is bought. I reckon Bloodstock could shift a fair few pints of ale with perfect ease, and make money back on it.

The venue handles the bars - as it is a council run building!
Sorry, made my last post before I saw your reply.

I know for a fact it is not impossible for the Assembly Rooms to order in some proper beer, infact the company they have their contract with should even be able to help them out with setting up the service of real ales.

Realistically, there's nothing stopping them from serving real ale apart from the fact that it is easier for them just to put on their standard fare of lagers. I strongly urge you to put forward this suggestion to them. Even if not served behind the bar for the full two days, at least a few casks on Friday night would go down a treat.

Eagle said:
I'll bring some of my home made ale and we can sample it from the boot of Dragonmaiden's car
Hmmmmmm....news to me!! Where exactly will there be space for that....once Lydian Lady and I have got our luggage in the back???? Oh...and the smell will be too much for my sensitive nostrils.....you better travel separately!!! We'll stock up the extra space with wine!!!! :D

Im sure i'll be bringing some ale for the after show lull so anyone who wants ale can feel free to return to my hotel for some good ol' viking drinking fun...

Jono, if you will, I'll be there! (Not a clue how I'll get back to where I'm sleeping, but then again, I don't know where I'm sleeping!)

As for the boot of the car idea - Can I sleep in it after the beer is all gone? :D