Request Tutorial: Mastering with TC Master X3, X5...

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hello, some time ago I purchaised a TC Powercore, which includes Master X3 that is an algorhythm from TC Finalizer. I´ve read many people master thru it but I just dont get any good output with it. Very low RMS, constant pumping with the compressor....
Any one is used to use it?? Or could you give me some tips??
Thankssss!!!

don´t take too much gain reduction if it´s pumping. i´m using the hardware finalizer so i don´t know if it also has the same features.
if it has the normalizer/clipper as in the hardware use this for getting your loudness. don´t overcompress the mixes. mostly around 3db of compression should do it depending on the mix of course.

I can really recommend the MD3, which is a superb master bus compressor with a limiter. Although it is pretty damn expensive but i have seen them go pretty cheap on ebay. IT is one of the best ITB mstrbus compressors out there.

I can really recommend the MD3, which is a superb master bus compressor with a limiter. Although it is pretty damn expensive but i have seen them go pretty cheap on ebay. IT is one of the best ITB mstrbus compressors out there.

I´ve never tried it as a Masterbus Comp...but TBH the interface looks very poor...
Anyway, there is no one here that uses Master X3,X5 to master the stuff????

I have both (X3 and finalizer).
the finalizer has more option (which are actually the main options I need fo mastering), so X3 is never finding its way into the mastering chain over here.
but I do like it to punch up (clipper etc) snares and am also using it on parallel drumbusses etc every now and then

I´ve never tried it as a Masterbus Comp...but TBH the interface looks very poor...
Anyway, there is no one here that uses Master X3,X5 to master the stuff????

Are you judging the plugin by how it looks?? Come on dude!!! You can for sure download a demo and try it before you judge it

Are you judging the plugin by how it looks?? Come on dude!!! You can for sure download a demo and try it before you judge it

No, of course not, I´m only describing its appearance haha, I have a 40 hours trial... I give it a try man, thanks!

if the mix sucks, it's hard to get it loud without sounding harsh.

The mix does not sound harsh in any way...it´s just seems it doesn´t work fine. I set the threshold under 0 db, and the plugin clips, with a horrible digital distortion sound...well then, I have to drive down the input and output...that´s equal less RMS...I´ve followed the tips that appear in the owner manual and nothing. May be it´s not oriented for metal or high RMS demanding music...but shit, I fucking bought powercore to finally have some hi qualitty mastering plugin...and I cannot master thru it !