Rerecorded an old track Bulb and I wrote

Nolly

Apr 24, 2009
Bath, UK
Hey dudes,

I've been working on some new tones recently so to test out the mix I used an old track Misha and I wrote for our Snuggles project called Uncle Bubbles. It's not quite the whole song, but should be enough to get a feel for the mix.

I used my Dæmoness "Pink Intruder" custom 6-string through the Axe FX for the guitar tones. Drums are a combination of several S2.0 expansion kits, including Avatar, Metal Foundry and Evil Drums.

Hope you enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/nolly/sets/snuggles/

Cheers dudes :)
Zack, we'd definitely love someone to throw some suitable vocals down on this track and the other tracks we have too. If you want to give it a go or know someone that might then let me know!

Cheers Dandelium, it's funny, I've always preferred to hear the hats over to the side as though you're sitting on the drum throne. I may move it a bit closer to central if you think it's something other people would pick up on and dislike :)

diafebus, that made me chuckle!

i'm just learning how to scream hihihi
but i'm so so so far about what i want :'( so i'll keep practising!!
anyways, nice mix! and as i see the redwire IR sound good here, I don't get similar results using them with software simulations, i supose that they are designed to be used with an external preamp or something like this.

Thanks man! The Redwires IRs were made with a very transparent hi-fi power amp with the intention that you run some sort of power-amp modelling before them. This works great with the Axe-fx, but if your plugins only model a preamp section then I could imagine the sound would be somewhat harsh and uncontrolled.

totaly right!
But being a Mac user i don't know what kind of poweramp modeling could i use...