Some mixing practice for you guys - Commercial Heavy Rock

I have been messing with this track and I have to say... sorry but the guitars sound shit like white noise, no matter what I tried to do I just found they mixed badly. Thats just my personal taste opinion but you might notice how bass and guitars are all over in the mixes, thats cos it has been for me a real pain to get them to blend I have tried loads of variations. Anyone with better luck let me know!
Make them sound good, then. Isn't that the point of mixing? :lol:

i found one of the vocal layer to be noisy...
the guitar's are completely okay to me dude

Really?

Ok... so far though the mixes are a little.. struggling? Mine too I mean.. Maybe it personal taste but it feels kind of white noisy.

Really?

Ok... so far though the mixes are a little.. struggling? Mine too I mean.. Maybe it personal taste but it feels kind of white noisy.

I know what you mean but my last post has a final rendition mix I did and I got rid of all of the white noise. If you need help, inbox me

Great song!

Mixed this on headphones :fu: today but will check on monitors tommorrow if its dreadful lolol.

Edit: Checked mix on mointors and updated

Lolol my username didn't even realise

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of great mixes here

Here's my crack at it. I think it turned out great. will probably submit it for the contest.

Thanks to Nolly for taking the time to put this in place

Ok this is it, merry Xmas all....

Its a great song ok, but Vox and guitar were a real pain. I found vox were a bit distorted and guitars too much upper mids not enough grunt, I got it close to what I love it to sound like and I hope you guys like it too. Think a little bit of Jens Bogren...

Just a little thing... the energy is not all in the drums...

One of the more fun mixes I've done. Thanks a ton Nolly for posting this!

Im noticing a lot of you guys are killing it with compression, some of them are sucking out the power a bit....

Slightly nicer vocals.