Song for mixing practice :)

well, the main problem still is in the source. the guitars sound like ass, especially the lead guitar. It doesn't make any sense and doesn't fit in to the rest of the group.

agreed! it poked out so much no matter what i done to it! tried to dull it down but still didnt work. there is no need for it, other than that the song is good! but at the same time i get to like nearly every song i work with! :loco:

well, the main problem still is in the source. the guitars sound like ass, especially the lead guitar. It doesn't make any sense and doesn't fit in to the rest of the group.

My god... this was so long ago lol... anyways you're absolutely right, it's a shame cause they're a great band and I just simply didn't have time to do literally anything except throw them mics in there and press record and to make matters worse it's a marshal valvestate combo... couldnt get a decent tone out of it :l

Anyway I still have the mix I did for them at the time and I still managed to "fix it" to work in the mix

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8088348

It's not great but for the rushed job I had to do didn't turn out that bad, btw all drums are real except kick, dont even need to say wai

A step by step to the process you used to get these results would be cool (mixing not recording). May even help some of us new guys learn a little.

does anyone still have the raw files for this song? i actually like it a lot, stoner rock is one of my favorite genres.