Isis song 'Carry' for your mixing practice

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
I know some peeps on here like to practice mixing random stuff, so here ya go.

I was working on this cover and kinda gave up on it. The guitars all needed to be redone do to an intonation problem and the bass is wrong in some parts, as well as the drums. everything was done in 1 take and my performance shows it. But whatever, deal with it. It's just for fun.

MIDI file mapped for SSD included, as well as bounced drums for those that don't have SSD or something similar. has a bunch of different guitar parts, listen to the real song and you can hear what should be clean/dirty/effects/etc.

Give the link a good 45 min before trying to DL it, it's still uploading.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2033066/Isis_Carry_Cover.zip

Good song choice man. I'm downloading now and then I'm gonna take a drive to my practice space and check it out , looking forward to mess around with this.

HOLY GOD!
This is one of those rare times I go into the "Rate My Mix" section and someone has actually bothered to do a cover version of actually good music and not some cover of a crappy metalcore band.
Carry is an absolutely amazing song. Used to listen to this song 10 times a day.

I suppose you probably wont and as it is, it's really awesome you've done this, but would be awesome if you redid the guitars if you found the time.
Hard to listen to intonation problems when you're a guitarist haha.