residence inn mid town is turning away wed arrivals

The 17th St. one or the West Peachtree one?
I'm guessing the 17th St (the one right up the hill from the venue). I got here at around 7 AM and the front desk clerk said they were technically oversold last night - managed to finally get in a room at 11:15 and pass out, but it's entirely possible they either 1) are actually having a maintenance issue preventing use of some rooms or 2) overbooked slightly.

A housekeeper knocked on my door at around 2:30 asking if I was checking out and I had to groggily explain that I had just checked in...I'm guessing they were looking for rooms to use...

I just called and spoke with the manager. He said there was a water issue last week that effected a few of the rooms today...?? Supposedly, I will not have any problem checking in tomorrow, and no one else should, either.

I also just talked to the hotel and it is apparently just a one night issue. All rooms will be available tomorrow (Thurs) and everyone that was not able to stay there tonight will be able to go back tomorrow.

Instead of Kroger, go to Publix! Walk to the Art Center MARTA station and there's a free shuttle to "Atlantic Station" - there's a big grocery store a short couple blocks from there. It's literally one of the easiest ways to get to anything you need!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...c-station-shuttle-take-publix-target-etc.html

Got all our supplies there last night (took a taxi back so we didn't have to haul a cart full of groceries in a shuttle), and I went back again today for a few more supplies.

As for Res Inn, we checked in last night and had zero problems, so do not despair friends <3 Must have been just a temporary issue.

My travel buddies (Will Mangold and company - PRM - ProgRock And Metal Radio) managed to get checked in this afternoon at the Residence Inn without any problems so far. Hoping things work out for everyone who had issues today.

P.S. The Evergrey accoustic set rocked!

Ian

We got here last saturday and on tuesday a notice went up that they were going to do some testing on a series of rooms for one day. Those rooms were probably unusable and they may have moved some people around. I thought everything would have been fixed yesterday. I dont see any more signs around so hopefully everyone gets the rooms they were supposed to.

Just came over from Regency (with No User Name) and checked in here at Residence - good to go.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Feels good to be back on home turf - wasn't impressed with Regency at all.

I was one of the ones that got walked from the Residence Inn to the Regency Suites on Wednesday even though I had a guaranteed reservation I made almost a year ago. I was able to check in and got my room at the RI on Thursday, so hopefully no one else will have a problem.

Guy