Respecting others

Tnb is alright. He's just a hostile metal guy. For every metalbro there's the opposite. I've poked at him since he joined just because it's kinda entertaining but he's really not so bad. It doesn't translate that well on a message board but I'm sure he'd be a good guy to have some beers and listen to metal with.

As a side note, I haven't got a pm from Deron/explanation of my deleted posts for a while, I think I'm overdue.

As a side note, I haven't got a pm from Deron/explanation of my deleted posts for a while, I think I'm overdue.

I have no idea what you're referring to? I don't recall deleting anything of yours unless it was mixed up casualty of thread cleaning. If/when anyone quotes parts of posts that get cleaned, yours goes as well. Other than that.. ?

Ah just kidding, I used to get bunches of posts deleted back in the day for whatever dumb shit I was posting at the time.

Hmm what happened with TB this time?

TB and Omni used to have thread derailing discussions to the point both were publicly and privately warned, more times than I enjoy doing. TB layed into a new dude (part tongue in cheek, but incessantly) thinking it was Omni - and unless she is masterful at disguising herself and has a boyfriend posing for her, it was not Omni - so it was all for naught. The dudes info all matched what he was trying to explain.

Let's not continue on with a TB discussion it's not fair since he isn't here, but that's the reason he was given a temp ban. I have no issues with TB personally, and think he is indeed probably a decent guy (else it would be a perm ban). It's as simple as if I ask for certain things to stop on the site, they've become problem enough that they should stop.

I think SoT was way more scathing than GMD social forum. And yeah, it certainly tested my patience, a little :whistle: :).

Mikael (for those that weren't there) actually posted on the Opeth forum at the time, in varying spurts. He lurked a lot. The nail in the coffin was the post making fun of a friend of his that had passed away, there were some pretty vile users who showed no limits with their posts. "It's just the internet".

To be honest, for the most part I left Opeth/SoT alone because I inherited the site and it's culture. Had I known Mikael himself did not approve of a chunk of the behavior that went on there I would have tried to step in sooner and curb it, but alas...

I will say, the old users that hung there and in the CoB forum... those are the ones that through the years have contacted me the most and either apologized for their "younger" days, or requested post deletions from that time frame. I generally get a kick out of that!

As a fan of Opeth who got tired at the sheer levels of toxicity revolving discussions online, I deeply sympathize. I can only imagine how it is to be a moderator for such things. Especially when a member of Opeth is lurking.

TB thinks he was banned for accusing elric of being omni, he wanted me to relay this. i'm assuming it was the tone of his posts rather than the actual accusations tho lol, given that he wasn't the only one who made that accusation

there are some legendary threads from the GMD of 10 years ago that i'd really like to link except that my posts in them are too embarrassingly awful to share :(

TB thinks he was banned for accusing elric of being omni, he wanted me to relay this. i'm assuming it was the tone of his posts rather than the actual accusations tho lol, given that he wasn't the only one who made that accusation

there are some legendary threads from the GMD of 10 years ago that i'd really like to link except that my posts in them are too embarrassingly awful to share :(

Share them. Don't be a faggot.

i've linked this one before i think but it's a classic. also a pretty good example of why several of us used to get banned all the time. god i wish i could delete a few of these posts tho, some are fine but i clearly had no quality control at that age

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
i've linked this one before i think but it's a classic. also a pretty good example of why several of us used to get banned all the time. god i wish i could delete a few of these posts tho, some are fine but i clearly had no quality control at that age

have you ever considered not being so obviously black in every one of your posts

Lol.

Reactions: The Butt

Just read through this, christ you guys were horrible back then.

Thread highlights:

Skeptik - Try listening to the music before you judge a song based on lyrics that are incomprehensible unless you're following along with a lyric sheet you stupid inferior-gened jungle bunny.

Old Wainds - despite you having clearly destroyed me verbally, i still win at the end of the day because, as mentioned on occasion before: you're black.

Inchoate - Who doesn't enjoy a rousing game of "Broom the Coon"?

Old Wainds - whoa dude, turn a light on or something, all i can see is a floating pair of eyes
- how about you pick me some cotton you scary soot monster

BlackMetalTyrant - sorry Ill tone the niggerishness down

Fun read, cheers!

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
god i wish i could delete a few of these posts tho, some are fine but i clearly had no quality control at that age

That's what I used to tell my therapist about you all back then!! Haha

Also that thread reads extra comical because Deron changed a certain word to "my pals"

I had to somehow deflect the wrath I would get by making them laugh it off.