Resurrection of "Edge of Santiy"

4u5n

New Metal Member
Mar 7, 2007
Slovenia
Hi, I'm kinda new to this forum so I don't know if anyone has posted something similiar to this title, but anyway..

I have a question - does anybody think that Edge of Sanity will be "resurrected"? I must admit, that I'm a big fan of Edge of Sanity and I would like to know if there will be anymore new albums, or if it's a deadlock for Edge of Sanity. Thanks

Edge of Sanity is my all time favorite band, so I would like to see a revival too. Sadly, though, its been stated that When All Is Said is pretty much the final release from the band. Its very unlikley that we'll see anything else from them in the future.

does anybody from Chicago sold his Dan Swano collection recently? I bought 2months ago several Dan Swano related stuff from somebody.

I would love to know if this someone posts here :p

EoS is done for as far as I can tell. I've read interviews with Dan where he has said his heart is not in death metal, and he didn't really enjoy working with the guys from EoS at all, and that he thinks they should have stopped with Unorthodox. Any Death Metal Swano does will most likely be under a different name as a solo thing or with other people.

They be done, hommes. Dan once mentioned that some of them haven't been doing to good either, like drug addiction, etc...

Of course, that doesn't mean Dan himself can't release albums under the name. But there will be no Dan, Dread, and Larsson playing together again. :(

The closest there will ever be is a live-act featuring myself and 3-4 other musicians. I will growl and sing clean. It will not be a touring act, but there might be a festival tour with at least 1 or 2 days in between every show for my throat to recover. One or more of the members will also be filling in on the growling. So many of the vocallines are overlapping that it sounds weird with one guy singing the stuff and leaving out the last word in every sentence ;)
If this project really comes to life, it will be for a festival tour of Europe spring/summer/autumn 2008. I can guarantee, that if this happens, it will be a setlist that will make most of you wet your pants. ;) I will keep you informed.

I don´t wanna go thru the debacle of a one-off show in the US with a 14 hour flight and all that jazz. Maybe for a few festival gigs..but it will, like always, be a question of dollares... but never say never :)

Dan Swanö;5955474 said:
The closest there will ever be is a live-act featuring myself and 3-4 other musicians.

I understand that the others members of EoS won't be part of this, rigth? not Benny or Andreas?

thanks guys, I'm sorry becouse I couldn't replay sooner, becouse of some internet issues, but anyway - I'm very glad that you take your time to answer this question, becouse I'm a huge fan of Edge of Sanity, but Nightingale is good too.

Oh, jeah I heard some rumors about Nightingales new album, can anyone confirm if is that true, or is it some stupid rumor. Thanks