Revenge of The Sith

tonight someone told me that Mace Windu was the original name of the hero in the original Star Wars, back when the hero was a composite of Luke and Han, and everyone in the universe used lightsabers, and his love interest was "Princess Luke". this was even before the hero was named "Luke Skykiller".

also, let me go back over the complaint about Palpatine killing the Jedi too easily--he killed THREE, not two, that accompanied Mace Windu, and one of those three was known as one of the best fighters around (the dude who blocked like two swings). one of the other three was also a superb fighter but died instantly anyway. just seems inconsistent.

hey greg, i said the movie was decent! i'll probably see it again within weeks. aysha has never seen any star wars movies at all so over the past week we've been watching the first three films (laserdisc rips! no special edition crap!). we'll watch phantom menace and AOTC next week and then go see epIII in the theatre.

watching the non-special edition original films in the week I saw epIII has definitely affected how i judged this film.

If you go into it expecting the same as episode II, you come out satisfied, at least with the plot which was well done I believe (not counting inconsistencies and bad dialogue). Also, there were some genuinely funny moments that I don't think were meant to be (the Emperor's faces when he was shocking Windu were absolutely hilarious). Haydn Christenson turned into a slightly better actor the second half, mainly because he became one sided and could just focus on being evil, which he did well I believe. Obi-Wan was consistent throughout the prequels and genuinely looked like Alec Guiness in this last one (as well as having a STRIKING resemblence to Varg Vikernes). all in all it was worth seeing

I thought the Emperor's face was well-done. he's always existed as someone who is gleefully evil and that was definitely represented in his face as he pounded Windu with force-lightning. and he had a great expression of gleeful satisfaction when his plan came to fruition and Anakin lopped off Windu's hand.