Reverse sword sound?

Pash

Jan 1, 2011
Bournemouth UK
Listening to abandon all ships and mainly Woe is me, there's this really cool sound at 1:03 on "Keep your enemies close" - Woe is me - Numbers.

It's kinda like a reverse swashing sound of a sword coming out of a sheath then a kind of "anvil" strike at the end? If you listen you'll kind of understand what I mean.

Bit of an odd sound, I just can't work out how to replicate something similar. Anybody know how I can get in the right ballpark?

Thanks in advance! x

Listening to abandon all ships and mainly Woe is me, there's this really cool sound at 1:03 on "Keep your enemies close" - Woe is me - Numbers.

It's kinda like a reverse swashing sound of a sword coming out of a sheath then a kind of "anvil" strike at the end? If you listen you'll kind of understand what I mean.

Bit of an odd sound, I just can't work out how to replicate something similar. Anybody know how I can get in the right ballpark?

Thanks in advance! x

:Smug:

It's a reverse snare. Search.

And tbh... I think I know what a reverse snare sounds like.... Not that. Maybe there's a layer in there somewhere, but it's definatly not the focus.

Yeah sounds like a reverse snare. I'm not hearing an "anvil" sound unless you're talking about the Zil-bell hit right before the snare hit.

a snare hit printed with 2 or more reverbs (suggestively something metal/plate-ish), reversed and then another reverb printed. no blacksmith equipment, just drums.
if you're referring to that little "ping" that rings out afterwards, it's in key, so I believe it's a part of that electronic thingie they got going in the background through the entire part starting at 0:50

By reversing the normal soundeffects and adding some reverb you can come up with some sweet sounds. Breaking glass is my favourite.

And by getting a hang of effects other people do is a great way to understand what needs to be done to transfer something ordinary to something interesting. That in mind I don't really see why wouldn't you try to replicate some cool effects?

By reversing the normal soundeffects and adding some reverb you can come up with some sweet sounds. Breaking glass is my favourite.

And by getting a hang of effects other people do is a great way to understand what needs to be done to transfer something ordinary to something interesting. That in mind I don't really see why wouldn't you try to replicate some cool effects?

Thanks for the help guys! :) Shame about the cuntish attitudes some people have on this forum though. Ah well! Sift through the shit posts and learn from the actual help people give I say :) x

Or how about you just start being creative and not copy other people and their effects, eh?

I have a space in a song where something like I mentioned would fit right in? Happy? Jeez you have to explain everything around here. Get the sand out of your gash and actually contribute to a conversation without feeling need for sarcasm and a rather sloppy attempt at wit.

/rantover

I have a space in a song where something like I mentioned would fit right in? Happy? Jeez you have to explain everything around here. Get the sand out of your gash and actually contribute to a conversation without feeling need for sarcasm and a rather sloppy attempt at wit.

/rantover

When did I ever imply I was being sarcastic or attempting to be "witty"?
I was simply just saying you shouldn't be copying people with something as specific as that and come up with your own effects.

And Tim- I saw that on Ryan Harvey's facebook hahahaha. Freaking love that.