Review a song then suggest one

The Somberlain

Dissector
Sep 1, 2001
A saucerful of secrets
Visit site
Hi all. This is maiden mastermind from the Maiden BB. I'm still a relative newbie to Nevermore, so now that I've introduced myself I'll take the opportunity to start a review + suggest a song thread with my first post then.

The idea of this thread is for us to get to hear new bands/songs and to also share our opinions of them with each other. I'll suggest a song (well 5 actually) then somebody who hasn't heard it before will then download it and write a short, favourable or negative review of it. They can then suggest a new song to everyone to try out and so it continues from there... Right here are my suggestions then.

Alas - Absolute Purity. Erik Rutan (Morbid Angel + Hate Eternal) + Martina Astner (Therion). Don't expect anything like Hate Eternal here.
Tsjuder - Deamongate (or try The demon's gate). Just brutal.
Krisiun - Perpetuation. From the new album. Do I need an excuse to recommend Krisiun?:devil:
Cintecele Diavolui - Dance of the dead. This isn't a metal song. It's just keyboards, a sort of similar style to Morbid Angel's Disturbance in the great slumber. It's a bit shitty actually but I included it because it's quite bizaar.
Tvangeste - From nameless oracle. 13 minute Russian black metal epic. Don't download this if you don't usually listen to black metal.

Extra song. Captain Beefheart - Kandy Korn. Just b'cos I like it :p

If you think a song blows then say so. If you like something then I'm glad you've enjoyed it.
There's quite a bit there to pick from, plenty of styles. I hope we can all get something out of this topic.

:hotjump: :headbang: :hotjump:

sup dude? UHP from Maiden here.

my song is " Corpsecry " by Sigh. its on the Identity 7 comp and is a strong song. it has death metal vocals and strong BG music. very hardcore, with the use of many odd instruments in it. overall a nice blend of 4 minutes. i would recommend the cd, if i could find it. :)

you wouldnt happen to be that lady who is always going to jaxx concerts in the Brave New World shirt??

Flotsam and Jetsam - Escape From Within

a longer song with the intro that could make it to the preview for an NYPD Blue and ER combo, with the sounds of sirens and a heart monitor. very slow and traditional ' Fade to Black ' ish type song, only in my opinion 10 times better. it does pick up, but the slower melodic vocals are a theme throughout. the song has a very good solo smack in the middle, and the vocals ascend at the end. a solid song and DEFINATELY worth the 6:47.

On The Shores of Ithaka- Quo Vadis

I've been into Quo Vadis for over 2 years now and they are amazing. I will take this oppertunity to spread the word of Quo Vadis. This song is amazing. In my opinion it is the best Nevermore song. In usual Quo Vadis style, lots of crushing double bass, fast guitars and kick ass everything. the lyrics are pretty good too. About 3 minutes into the song it goes really fast and mostly instrumental and it is amazing. That couple of minutes when that part is happening was the best part of their whoel concert I went to. There new album Day Into Night is absolute brilliance. This song also has a sudden and heavy beginning to it. No slow fade in at all, just sudden very heavy right off the bat. I suggest these guys to everyone! They are my favourite band, next to Nevermore of course. Check them out on what ever file sharing program you have or you can download the song at their website: http://www.quovadis.qc.ca

i just checked them out and like them very much. thanks for the suggestion! anyone else like them that i might like?

SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS OF QUO VADIS!!!! :headbang:

Tell me, have you heard of 'MARTYR'?? They're also from Qubec, they are heaps more progressive than Quo, and they are much much better musicians. Totally awesome music, especially guitars and drums.

MARTYR - official site

Yah, i've heard of Martyr. Although i haven't actually heard much of them unfortunately. I should do that. I know my brother and his friend like them alot. i should probably get around to checking them out. from what i hear they are good.

I would also like to take this chance to say that Spiral Architect- A Sceptics Universe is 45 minutes of pure brilliance. my friend bought that CD yesterday(which i wanted to buy damn it!) and we listened to it all and it is absolutely amazing. I suggest that CD to others as well. I wish I could go see htat festival thing with ethm in it though. although it is basically impossible for me to do so. well, check them out as well, they kick ass.

1. The group: Delirious
The album: "Time is progress"
The song: "Remember"
-------------------------------------------
2. The group: Vigilante
The album: "Chaos-Pilgrimage"
The song: same as above
3. The group: Destiny Dreaming
The album: "Water Breaks Stone"
The song: "The seeker"