review from St. Louis MO

tenebre

Jan 8, 2002
st. louis
www.suspiriaworks.com
saw the tour last night, got to meet Strid , and everyone in hypocrisy . Bands:

single Bullet theory - suprisingly good. progessive thrash with some clean vocx. Enjoyed them.

Killswitch engage - hmm young guys all wit short hair. But they kicked ass. Another good thrash band with a mixture of vox.

Scar culture - umm not my thing..

Soilwork - amazing sound. actualyl perfect sound. they played -
Natural born chaos
as we speak
needdlefeast
bringer
follow the hollow
chainheart machine
like an average stalker
they played 45 minutes

Hypocrisy - Well they were all into the performance alot. Very fun show. mattias is not the second guitarist for this tour.
Songs:
Fractured millenium
Dont Judge me
Public Puppet
Apocolypse
Until the end
fourth dimension
Fire in the sky
Penetralia
Left to rot
Obscenum obsculem
Pleasures of molestation
Destroyed
Final chapter

they played 55 minutes

Ok mini rant - What is up with the tours lately? headliners playing less than one hour?? wtf?? i remeber back in the 80 and early to mid 90s all headlinders broke 90mintes. thats all i expect but less than one hour for a headliner is too short. They all dont need to be dream theater and play for 3 and half hours but fuck 90 minutes isnt much to ask from band sthat have more than 3 albums. In flames and nevermore both headlining shows were similarily short. Dimmu borgir same thing. I dont get it.

on another note.. not one but 2 people asked me if they could get in front of me so they could see better. i was front row center in front of peter.. What kind of dumbass even asks a question like that? of course i said fuck no.
end mini rant.

The concert was great its well worht the money even if hypcrosy played so short. I got a cool tshirt even though the guy selling them made everyone wait until the second band had started to play before he got around to letting you buy them. He just sat there being a rude bastard.

Peter and the guys are very cool and nice. signed stuff easily and talked a bit. Its one of the better pakcages i have seen touring lately. Go check them out.

tenebre

nice..thanks for the review. wish soilwork would play more older stuff like stuff off steelbath suicide, but looks good nonetheless. hypocrisy's set looks killer. only 2 new songs, good news.