review of may 22nd Jaxx show

metalseth

Dec 31, 2001
VA
Visit site
garden of shadows-local opener. seen em before. they are good, but i got bored w/ them.
single bullet theory-next time crazy town or staind goes on tour these guys should look into an opening slot. the singer kept raving about nu-metal and how limp bizkit have sold a billion records and are rich and how mad it makes him. sounds like he was jealous. they bad mouthed nu-metal but the singer looked like kid rock and kept grabbing his crotch. these guys sucked.
scar culture-seen em before, not into them. had my earplugs in anyway.
soilwork-holy shit! these guys were amazing live. they sounded very tight and pulled off everything exactly as it is on cd. great stage presence as well. the crowd went totally insane. played for a little under an hour.
Follow the Hollow
The Analyst
N.B.C
Millionflame(!)
Chainheart Machine
As We Speak
Flameout
Average Stalker
and i think 1 more or something.
Hypocrisy-hell yea! these guys kicked ass as well. the sound was great and peter is a great performer. good crowd interaction as well. they played shit off every album and seemed like they were having fun while being evil as well. cant remember the whole setlist, but i guess it was a little over and hour. songs included-fractured millenium
dont judge me
public puppet
fire in the sky
roswell 47
penetralia
obsculum...
pleasures of molestation
buried
final chapter + others

overall this was an amazing show. talked to peter afterwards and he was really cool. got a pic w/ him. talked to the bassist, keyboardist and guitarist from soilwork. all nice guys. dont miss this tour!!!!!!!

03.jpg