METAL
Dec 9, 2005
www.edensfall.com
Here is a review from:

http://www.metal-archives.com

Reviews for Eden's Fall's Harmony of Lies

All Hail American Metal!! - 90%
Written by Jasonic on February 3rd, 2006

Residing in the Chicagoland area, I have been hearing a lot about Eden’s Fall these past couple of years. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to see them live. Therefore, I was very anxious to get my hands on HARMONY OF LIES. What will attract many to this release initially is that mixing was performed by legendary Dan Swanö. Also, the album was mastered by James Murphy of Death fame. On this release, Eden’s Fall takes us on a classic American heavy metal journey that will have your head banging and fists pumping.

The CD opens with “Blur the Lines”. Right from the opening guitar lead, you know you are in for a ride. Next is “Planet Hate”, which at first listen reminds you of Nevermore. On “Lost Again”, vocalist John Barr lowers his octave a bit and delivers another driving performance reminicent of Bobby Blitz! Next up is “Chemical Dreams” which boasts a catchy chorus. “Bleed” begins with a memorizing guitar lead that reels you in for more. This track boasts some great double-bass drumming as well. On “Dead Thought Matrix”, Eden’s Fall takes a more direct straight forward approach. The chorus will have fans pumping their fists into the air! “Liquid Christ” continues the metal assault, with the fist pumping “We Betray” following. The CD ends with the epic track “Nothingheart”. Newer era Grave Digger comes to mind on this track.

In the era of gimmicks and novelty, it is great to see a band like Eden’s Fall stick to a classic American thrash sound. This release should certainly appeal to fans of bands such as Testament, Metal Church, Vio-Lence, and Nevermore. The deepness of John Barr’s vocals should appeal to fans of Grave Digger and Candlemass as well. HARMONY OF LIES is a great testament (no pun intended!) to American metal.