[Review] Hymanl song by song

Night[S]hade

YoruKage
Jul 20, 2006
Argentina
www.savage-union.com.ar
Well here is a short review of Hymnal CD song by song so yuo can have a brief idea of what's all of this about ^^

Hymnal

1.- Wings of Time
Very fast and powerful song! Lots of harpsichord and strings keyboards, which make it very fast and melodic!! I personally think it's a very good choice for the opening of the CD.

2.- Olden Story Tells
A mid-tempo song wich reminds me a little of Gammaray. It has very catchy melodies and chorus.

3.- The Glory of the Desert
You can hear clearly the influences of some "progressive" Angra/Shaaman style in this song. Very emotional, I think, one of the best of the CD.

4.- Firestorm
I loved this song from the first time I listened it in the Demo CDs. Pure Heavy Metal Song, good gitarr riffs & solos!

5.- Throught The Wilderness
Incredible intro. Very fast and melodic song like Wings of Time!!

6.- The Circle of Fate
Another mid-tempo song. Very melodic, nice keyboards again.

7.- A Drop in the Ocean
More fast and melodic sogn with lots of keyboards. I think this kind of songs have the escence of what WH represents!

8.- Live My Life
The only ballad of the CD. Besides being a slow tempo song, I feel it very strong, full of emotions.

9.- Sun in the Night
This is another song I loved from the Demo CDs.Some details were rearanged for Hymnal and it sounds better than before! Don't have to say i love this song ^^

10.- The Call From the Unknown
Last song of the CD, again here it's the escence of WH with its fast and melodic melodies!!

About Hymnal in general, I must say i'ts a very fine piece of art where we can find a wide variety of songs instead of repetitive ones. And to be the first production of the band is incredible!!! Can't wait for the 2nd Album.

Night[S]hade said:
3.- The Glory of the Desert
You can hear clearly the influences of some "progressive" Angra/Shaaman style in this song. Very emotional, I think, one of the best of the CD.

In fact this is my fave song out of this album. When I heard it for the first time I was like :yow: :)

The rest of the songs are great too, specially Through The Wilderness and Firestorm!

Though there's release delay, maybe you will be able to get the CD soon(next week?!).
Please let me know how you feel, hearing "HYMNAL"!!!!:headbang:

Night[S]hade;5678070 said:
Hey, ken! ひさしぶり ですね!
How are Hymnal sales going?

Hi, it's been a couple of months.
Well, the sales is very good;)
Hymnal got lots of great reputation in magazine, webzine...etc.
I've never expected it.
I want to thank all of you guys for big support.
Thanks!!

Yeah, this song is one of the most popular songs in Hymnal.
Do you like neo-classical sound, don't you??:lol:

Yes I like that sound

emm Ok I am bad in english so i will put this in spanish If you cant understand Is Ok :rofl:

Espero que se vuelvan muy famosos y asi vengan a Mexico, para poderlos ver :)

He said "I hope that you become very famous and come to Mexico, so I can see you."

Wow, taking 3 years of Spanish class actually did pay off. I wonder what would have happened if I paid more attention in Math. :lol:

He said "I hope that you become very famous and come to Mexico, so I can see you."

Wow, taking 3 years of Spanish class actually did pay off. I wonder what would have happened if I paid more attention in Math. :lol:

I fail math the last semester in my school :loco:

And i have to repeat Math 1 in this semester :cry:

Is good that here one person can speal spanish :)

Wow, can you speak Spanish?!?! >Deadnight Warrior87
Great!! The only spanish word i can understand is "Hola", hehehehe.
I learned German before, but I forgot all of the German words.
German is a bit too difficult.

Well, I hope we can go to Mexico on tour too.:)

BTW, I like math, though:D

I dont know german

it will be good to learn but a i think first i need to learn english :rofl:

Ah Imai i can teah you another thing

to say bye in spanish is Adios

I dont know german

it will be good to learn but a i think first i need to learn english :rofl:

Ah Imai i can teah you another thing

to say bye in spanish is Adios

Oh, I did know Adios too!! hehehe,
Anyway, if you can speak Spanish or English, you could communicate in most of the world. Japanese can be used only in Japan. You're luckier than I:lol:

Oh, I did know Adios too!! hehehe,
Anyway, if you can speak Spanish or English, you could communicate in most of the world. Japanese can be used only in Japan. You're luckier than I:lol:

English is the most necesary, spanish is not very important
only if you play a concert in spain or mexico or colombia I dont know

But in that case you only need to say some words like

Buenas noches= Good Nigths
Gracias = Thanks

and things like that

a to say a persona that you loved is

Te Amo = I love you

Yeah that's the truth!

You're pretty lucky though Ken, despite your being Japanese you play metal for a living and don't make playstations for American bastards like myself. :lol:

Btw, Through the Wilderness is a killer song! :kickass: