Review of: In FLames - "Reroute to Remain"

I really disliked "Reroute to Remain" at first but it kinda grew of grew on me however and I guess I would have given it a 7/10 in the end. Last week however I attended the IF gig here in Gothenburg and their set had a good number of R2R songs in it and hearing them life back to back to Whoracle/Colony/Clayman songs just blew away any scepticism I had regarding their potential. This is about as nu (I hate that term, it has become a f**king cliché) as Black Sabbath ca 1978.

It was the kind of gig you should videotape and force Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park to sit throuh and watch.

To be honest I dont mind RTR, its not as good as thier other albums of course, but I dont see much wrong with it, maybe because I like a lot of different shades of music, but RTR isnt as bad as people make it out to be.

I love RTR. It's second only to Colony IMO. I'll never understand all the talk of them "selling out" or changing dramatically for this album. I don't hear this huge change. The heaviest stuff they have ever done is on RTR too. Oh, and the chorus of Trigger is far better than Pinball Map. ;)

well, I'm pretty new to metal, I didn't know In Flames before, R2R was the first I heard from them.

1) the production sucks. SUCKS.
2) it took me a while to get over the poppy chorus in every song
3) after enough listening, this is a good album..

But the album falls to pieces in comparision to Damage Done or Hatecrew Deathroll...

Ormir said:
Advice for fans of melodic metal: Do not get Reroute to Remain. Get Damage Done.

Scratch that, reverse it. :)

Sorry, Damage Done does kick ass... But it doesn't compare to anything that In Flames has ever put out, and that includes Reroute to Remain.

Crazy close minded metal heads.

Freddy Krueger said:
Scratch that, reverse it. :)

Sorry, Damage Done does kick ass... But it doesn't compare to anything that In Flames has ever put out, and that includes Reroute to Remain.

Crazy close minded metal heads.

wow man, imo Damage Done is better than R2R, and I think lots of people would agree. And I'm no crazy close minded metalhead, in fact, I'm not a metalhead at all. More an open minded music lover. (you all hate hiphop he? fools...)