Review of: In FLames - "Reroute to Remain"

Alright... let's get something clear here.

First.... "melodic death metal" cannot be related to In Flames and Soilwork... even Dark Tranquillity, anymore. It is all heavy metal. I don't see anything wrong with that. Death metal is usually brutal, with blinding double bass, very extreme vocals, and un compromising song structures. Ok.. so use classic song structures... and keep the vocals. Is it death metal anymore? I don't think so. But people just want to keep calling it that. It's heavy metal. What makes it heavy? Vocals... the drums, sometimes...

Anyway... about R2R.
Oftentimes a band falls to a point where they HAVE to out do themselves with EACH AND EVERY ALBUM... or become "sellouts".
It's all a matter if taste, in my opinion. It's just about us looking at In flames from a new point of view, instead of sitting there wondering why they couldn't make another Whoracle.

Personally, I don't like R2R. Why? THE PRODUCTION, FOR GODS SAKE! I could bet a millon dollars if Fredrik Nordstom could have produced those songs, they would have been 10 times better.
I don't blame In Flames, for the album sounding the way it did. I blame them for choosing that studio. Fredrik would not have let half that shit fly.

As for Soilwork... NBC happens to be my favorite album by them. It's got alot of melody. Wow. So it's heavy metal. But if someone can't figure out that Damage Done is a heavy metal album too... there is something wrong there. Melodic/aggressive/progressive/modern/electronic/thrash/death metal? We can call it that too.
Godamn.... it's all metal in the end. We're not rappers for God's sake. It's not about being "true" or "old skool".

To each his own.

Reroute to Remain is not good
Natural Born Chaos is good
Damage Done blows them both out of the water
But I still can't see why everyone likes Wages of Sin.... :confused:

Originally posted by Soultorn

But I still can't see why everyone likes Wages of Sin.... :confused:

I kind of agree. It has it's moments.

I still can't see why everyone like Natural Boring Chaos....

Originally posted by Ekakkub
lol r2r sux. they sooooooooooooooooooo totaley sold out omg. it sounds liek.... i dunno linken park or whatever. i wouldent know cuz i don't listen to that gay music lol.

neway, they should go back to teh jester race sound again. thatd rock!!!! jester race rocks!!!

Smekermann, is that you? Or are you just a wannabe. :rolleyes:

yep, I thought so. What's wrong, trying to keep the flaming down cus you're scared of Mark.

I thought that was you.

Originally posted by Ekakkub
who is smekermann??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You shouldn't have changed the post. Funny how you're asking who smekermann is when you're talking about him in the Opeth forum :rolleyes:

nah, to be honest I could care less. After all, we're just names to eachother.

Plus, too much trouble.

I think we agreed on something in the past...don't remember though.

Thought you'd like to know that I have decided to purchase Nattens Madrigal again and give it a thorough 15-20 listens bfore writing a review for www.appropriateapocalypse.com. I'm hoping I missed something the first go-round and will like the album this time.

Well, you never know. I bought four Graveland albums about a year ago, hated them, almost sold them, then went back to them about two months ago and have bought every Graveland album. Hopefully, NM will be similar.

Actually, I'm the designated reviewer for all the brutal death metal/black metal that he can't listen to. He enjoys reviewing the powermetal/prog stuff. ugh...

IMHO, Reroute to Remain is not a great album, I would rate it 7/10.

It's difficult to expect an album which is less than "great" from a band like In Flames, with so many killer albums.

Anyway, they're coming next year to Brazil (march) and I can't wait to see their gig.

inflames fans are so crazy at times... "its hard to immagine anything less then great"...

and yet you give a shitty album like rerout 7/10... when u know you dont even like the album at all....

why cant people be honist n lable things as they are?

bands are composed of humans... humans are not perfect... humans need feed back to keep at the top of there 'game'

the less you support rerout... the more chance you inflamers will have of another good album...

im just telling you this honestly... i could care less if there next album is crap or not...

-Necro

Originally posted by Sublevels
Ain't it ironic how everytime a european metal band gets discovered by the american crowd, they immediately get deemed "sell outs" by the same crowd with the next record.

Who's fault is that? The band's "greed" or the american crowd's dumbness?

Can't you americans get over the image crap and let music be music without labels and baggage?

you speak the truth

I have r2r album , and its an overall a good album , but very simplistic. I expected a little bit more from In Flames , I would rate
7.5/10.

BTW , Damage Done is a way better than r2r.