Review up for The Arrival

Great review!!!!!! The band deserves a ton of recognition for this album-far better than 99% of the material being released in the world today. The rating can't go up any higher for me, because this puppy's already sitting at a well earned 10/10 in my book.

Thanks man. Didn't your review start off as an 8/10 and moved to a 9/10, or was that someone else? :)

If it was another band it would already be a 9/10, but since Hypocrisy is one of my favorites, I'm quite a bit more picky. We'll see how my feelings change on it as the year goes by.

NAD said:
Thanks man. Didn't your review start off as an 8/10 and moved to a 9/10, or was that someone else? :)

If it was another band it would already be a 9/10, but since Hypocrisy is one of my favorites, I'm quite a bit more picky. We'll see how my feelings change on it as the year goes by.
No, that was someone else-they initially expressed their disappointment on the album then got more into it. I've always been a believer in this one! lol

I try to be extra-critical of certain bands as well, especially ones that set such high standards of themselves like Hypocrisy. And after applying this album to those standards, and comparing the level of this work compared to the past few albums, I can't help but be totally blown away. The production is so crisp, the riffs are everywhere and Peter's vocals are so over the top it's unreal. I definitely think they earned the 10 (although the album is just too damn short), and I am having a hard time thinking of any album that could come out this year to compete with it. MAYBE Behemoth, if that gets out by the end of the year, but it'll be tough.

Oh okay, good for you for being a believer from the get-go! :lol:

The production is the best I've heard from Abyss Studios, hands down. Completely clear but not sounding sterile at all, which has been a problem with some albums from there. I don't think it will every supplant Abducted as my favorite Hypocrisy album, but it sure might come close!

The only albums that will compete is Decapitated - THe Negation and Kataklysm - Serenity in Fire... :headbang:

Merloch said:
The only albums that will compete is Decapitated - THe Negation and Kataklysm - Serenity in Fire... :headbang:
A new Decapitated?!?!?! Fuckin' sweet!!:hotjump: I'm sure the new Suffocation will be worthy as well. Hell, this is destined to be a great year for metal.

Plague Witch said:
A new Decapitated?!?!?! Fuckin' sweet!!:hotjump: I'm sure the new Suffocation will be worthy as well. Hell, this is destined to be a great year for metal.

Yeah man, early next month. They have already released 3 tracks from it to... sounds like technical thrash death now :headbang:

Merloch said:
Yeah man, early next month. They have already released 3 tracks from it to... sounds like technical thrash death now :headbang:
Sweet! After I read about the new album I found a link to a song through blabbermouth. It was definitely high quality material. I still can't get over how fucking young those guys are! It's frightening how good they are at such a young age. Hell, they were only like 16 when they recorded "Winds Of Creation", weren't they? Unreal.

Plague Witch said:
Sweet! After I read about the new album I found a link to a song through blabbermouth. It was definitely high quality material. I still can't get over how fucking young those guys are! It's frightening how good they are at such a young age. Hell, they were only like 16 when they recorded "Winds Of Creation", weren't they? Unreal.

Yup, they make me look at my guitar playing and :yell: Nihility is one of the greatest death metal albums ever...

Merloch said:
Yup, they make me look at my guitar playing and :yell: Nihility is one of the greatest death metal albums ever...
I just stumbled across "Winds Of Creation" last week, and have been blown away. I have "Nihility" on it's way from theendrecords, and I wrote my contact at Earache to let him know I want a promo of the new album ASAP! These guys deserve a shitload of publicity-it's amazing enough to be able to play and write like this period, let alone at their age!